bklynbobby

Pullmantur Zenith R/T Barcelona October 20-27

I'm looking at the deck plan now and can't see the Agua Dulce bar, all I can see is Bar Marina on Deck 11. Can you pinpoint it for me please!

Agua Dulce faces the large pool on deck 11 so its arond corner of the forward elevators maybe your bar is quiret one because i do not see it on the 11 deck floor plan

just went to another site and here the 11 deck bar is called

BAR LE ZEPHIR , so its the same one as Agua DUlce Dont know which one is the current name .Jefa there is no bar called Bar marina on any site ,are you looking at the zenith ????

I've booked the following:

Los Encantos de Ciutadella

Visita de la Ciudad de Ajaccio

Portofino y St Margherita

Cinque Terre

Volterra y San Gimignano

Then I have booked the excursion on the last day to take me back to the airport as it is cheaper than a taxi would be.

Yep I have their 2018 catalogue in front of me and on Deck 11 of the Zenith the only bar showing is the Bar Marina, in front of the pool. So we are seeing the same bar, whatever it's called

Yep I have their 2018 catalogue in front of me and on Deck 11 of the Zenith the only bar showing is the Bar Marina, in front of the pool. So we are seeing the same bar, whatever it's called

yes that is the bar we will meet at what ever its called lol

I read they were changing a lot of the names of bars and restaurants names from the old royal Caribbean to spanish themed..https://www.pullmantur.travel/en/ship/zenith-zt/bars-and-restaurants.html

I read they were changing a lot of the names of bars and restaurants names from the old royal Caribbean to spanish themed..https://www.pullmantur.travel/en/ship/zenith-zt/bars-and-restaurants.html

thanks in 23 days i will find out all the names of the bars on the ship and drink all the cocktails on each menu :cool: lol:cool:

I'm sure you will all be relieved to know that I have checked in online, printed off my luggage labels, and my excursion confirmations and am ready to roll. Even though I haven't paid for the cruise still. TA is still waiting for a refund on my hotel room from when I was booked on the cruise on 27th!!!!

Apparently by checking in online we don't have a wait on embarkation, though my TA says that we will still have to wait in line to board, so he has never bothered to do that after the first time of travelling with Pullmantur.

I'm sure you will all be relieved to know that I have checked in online, printed off my luggage labels, and my excursion confirmations and am ready to roll. Even though I haven't paid for the cruise still. TA is still waiting for a refund on my hotel room from when I was booked on the cruise on 27th!!!!

Apparently by checking in online we don't have a wait on embarkation, though my TA says that we will still have to wait in line to board, so he has never bothered to do that after the first time of travelling with Pullmantur.

great Jefa we are checked in also , remember sailaway @ 1800 deck 11 pool bar :cool:

great Jefa we are checked in also , remember sailaway @ 1800 deck 11 pool bar :cool:

See you there :D

Hooray, we are up and running again.  When do you start travelling or are you already in Barcelona?  See you all on board!

Hello: I'm sailing on the Zenith on October 20th - four days from today.  Be arriving early on Saturday so I plan to use public transportation to get to the ship. I had sailed out of Barcelona last year and took a taxi only because my flight was late and I was pressed for time.  Anyhow, I'm looking forward to a super time, although I speak virtually no Spanish I have cruised with Pullmantur 3 times already, there was no problem with the language barrier.

Welcome Arnie47,  look forward to meeting you.  We have a meet up arranged for 1800 at the pool bar for drinks, if you would like to come along.

ohnonotmeagain, I am arriving on Friday evening too.  I was going to catch the airport bus into Barcelona, but find the thought of walking around in the dark to my hotel with my suitcase rather daunting, so have almost persuaded myself to get a taxi.

Well I'm all packed and ready to go.  Leaving for the airport in a couple of hours - I'm on my way.

Have just arrived home from this cruise.  Wow, it was brilliant.  Sorry we never met up Arnie47, I did keep asking people if they were you!  Met up with the others on this "roll call" and had fun.

Everything was very well organised.

Embarkation was very quick and I would advise everybody to check in online, to avoid the long queues at the port.

The shows were amazing,  only one show was completely in Spanish and that was a comedian.  The ABBA show was great and the last night show had everyone dancing in the aisles. Entertainment in the other bars was very good too. The disco was always full and didn't shut till 3 a.m. and the other venues seemed to be full most nights.

I didn't hear anyone complaining that the bars had run out of specific drinks, which has happened on other lines I have sailed, and although the cocktails weren't strong you could always ask for another shot if you felt you needed it.

The cabins were clean and tidy with lots of wardrobe and drawer space and the a/c worked just fine.  The showers were bigger than I am used to and there was no shower curtain wrapping round my legs, which happens on other lines I have sailed !!

Tours were well organised, and very interesting and good value for money.  Perhaps as this is the last cruise of the season there were no tours exclusively for English speakers, so I was with Spanish speakers on all the tours.  The guides could speak English to explain the important things, like meeting times, but all said they wouldn't be able to translate anything else.

My one disappointment was the food. I know this subject is subjective but I love my food to be hot when it reaches me, and it never was.  I also love vegetables and only one night did I manage to get a few - and they were cold!  There is a huge variety every night in the MDR and it all arrived at the table looking very pretty.  I have no idea how IMO they can make something look so pretty and taste so dire!!!  However, as I say, that is just my opinion.

Disembarkation this morning was quick and simple.  Cases had to be left outside cabins by 1 a.m.  I had a shuttle booked to the airport for 9.30 so was given a different coloured band as the first to debark.  Others had the normal pink, green, blue etc bands and latest time to debark was 10.30.  

This was my first Pullmantur cruise and it certainly won't be my last.  However I do speak spanish and managed to meet some very friendly people, the spanish are very sociable, and will talk to anyone!

I am sure that bklynbobby and ohnonotmeagain will be along with their impressions, once they get home too.

Any questions please just ask.