Super Typhoon Jebi

zonacruiser25

This massive storm is headed to Japan. Has anyone heard of any concern from NCL for October Japan port calls?

Super Typhoon Jebi, a Category 5 powerhouse northwest of Guam, is the planet's most intense tropical cyclone of 2018 and will post another threat to parts of Japan next week, though not at its current intensity.

Was planning on going on an 8 Day Princess Circle Japan Cruise out of Yokohama this Tuesday. After cruise was going to spend 10 days in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. With Super Typhoon Jebi, Cat 5, 170 mph winds, 30' seas scheduled to hit east coast of Japan at same time thought Princess might be cautious for passenger safety and cancel. Called, nope, they say they're going. I asked them to cancel my paid excursions through Princess since decided not to take the chance on going. Answer was nope. Have canceled plane and hotel reservations. Even after storm passes there may be damages at Japan port of calls. Hope there isn't much damage in Japan. It's a beautiful country, people and culture. Enjoy your October cruise. Hopefully weather will be good.

Was planning on going on an 8 Day Princess Circle Japan Cruise out of Yokohama this Tuesday. After cruise was going to spend 10 days in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. With Super Typhoon Jebi, Cat 5, 170 mph winds, 30' seas scheduled to hit east coast of Japan at same time thought Princess might be cautious for passenger safety and cancel. Called, nope, they say they're going. I asked them to cancel my paid excursions through Princess since decided not to take the chance on going. Answer was nope. Have canceled plane and hotel reservations. Even after storm passes there may be damages at Japan port of calls. Hope there isn't much damage in Japan. It's a beautiful country, people and culture. Enjoy your October cruise. Hopefully weather will be good.

So you cancelled your whole trip because of the potential for a storm? It looks likely that Tokyo and points north won't have much more than a bit of rain. Did your insurance cover cancellation?