Is Clearwater Beach affected by the red ride problem?

bandjwayne

We are cruising out of Tampa in the end of March 2019 & my family is looking to extend our vacation with a stay in Clearwater Beach. Does anyone know how the red tide is affecting that area now & thoughts on what it will be like in March. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are cruising out of Tampa in the end of March 2019 & my family is looking to extend our vacation with a stay in Clearwater Beach. Does anyone know how the red tide is affecting that area now & thoughts on what it will be like in March. Thanks!

Sorry, red tide, not red ride, haha!

I was just there. St Pete’s and north are clear. South, the beaches are improving but still pretty bad.

Absolutely no reason not to book something now in Clearwater for March!!! No way anyone would know what it will be like then, plus red tide generally is worse in summer\fall when it has been hot. In March when the water has been (and still is) cold, its not prevalent. BTW, red tide is always around, its just not usually visible on the beach itself, or as deadly as it is now (and that is well south of Clearwater).