RCCL Hideaway Beach Tour?

tamtot

Any firsthand experience with this excursion? Are you able to boat as much as you like during the 4 hours? Do you have to be with a guide at all times? Is it worth the $$?

Thanks,

Tammy

Costa Atlantica 3-01

Explorer of the Seas 6-02

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Mariner of the Seas in just...........

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;07;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I haven't done this excursion but we're thinking of doing it when we're in Cozumel in August. I read a review about this excursion about a month ago. I jotted down some notes though ......

You take a 2 person "speed" boat and it's guided. You can't go off all willy nilly on your own but it's not a slow putting around ride either. The guy said he was able to go fast enough to jump the wakes of the other boats. The ride was about 45-50 minutes one way to the beach. They had a big Mexican buffet for lunch that he said was pretty good and they had about an hour or so of beach time before they headed back.

Hope this helps icon_cool.gif

- Yvette

Explorer of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;8;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We did this excurstion Thru HAL in April (I think Yvette is refering to one of my earlier posts)

It is something we would definitly do again. After the safety talk (10 -15 minutes) you get in your own 2 person boat. The guides ask you to form a line, but you are allowed some freedom. They don't want anyone racing side by side, but if the boat in front of you is too slow for your liking, it's no problem for you to pass them. You do have the freedom to ride in the wake of the boat in front, ride outside his wake and play with the waves, or go back and forth.

It is about a 45 minute ride to the beach area. There was a nice buffet lunch available, along with a nice quiet sandy beach with beach umbrellas.After about an hour on the beach, it is time to head back for another 45 - 50 boat ride.

It was a pricy excursion, but when you think that a jet ski can run $65 for 30 minutes, we felt is was worth our money. DW, DD, and I agree that is one of the best excusions we have ever done.

If you decide to do it, I hope you have as much fun as we did.

Archived