MSC Sinfonia - time in Mykonos.

mdxter

Hello all,

We are scheduled to sail the Sinfonia on June 22, 2019leaving out of Venice. I am a bit confused as how long we will be in Mykonos.The itinerary noted the following:

- Santorini on Tuesday June 25 from 7AM to 3PM.

- Mykonos on Tuesday June 25 from 8PM to –

- Mykonos on Wednesday June 26 leaving @ 3AM.

- Dubrovnik on Thursday June 27 from 1PM to 8PM.

So am I to believe that we will be in Mykonos from 8PM Tuesdaynight leaving on Wednesday @ 3AM (7 hours at night?) or departing on Thursday @3AM? Please clarify as calling into MSC cruises is taking more than an hourwait.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You will only be in Mykonos for the evening - as you say, 7 hours in total.

We did the same itinerary on Sinfonia before and stayed onboard that night. The ship was a ghost ship that night as most people went ashore. However, many reported back to us that it was not worth going ashore! Prices were ratcheted up in the bars and restaurants and people felt very ripped off.

Yes, this is correct!

I'm on that sailing leaving this Saturday.

A lot of folks booked a TOUR thru MSC for Mykonas. The one my coworkers wanted is sold out.

We have a full day excursion planned for Santorini. So, I'm not getting off the ship that night.:rolleyes:

I'll return and give a review.:)

Anything you need me to check, post here.

Thanks for clearing the time in port (Mykonos). I am so disappointed to hear this. I tried searching for the similar itinerary with NCL and the cost for a family of 5 is significantly more. Looks like i am stuck with this cruise for now.

Dear Marie, yes PLEASE share with us a detailed report when you get back from your cruise. I would love to hear your experiences.

Still so bummed about the time Mykonos.

Yes, it is disappointing.

Don't let that deter you, there are a few nice TOURS thru MSC you can book.

If I'm feeling up to it, I still may get off the ship that night, apparently the night life is really lively there. That next day is a SEA day anyways, so we'll see.:)

Some of my coworkers was on NCL from Venice this past August. They paid over $1000 per person, Inside Cabin.:o So, yes the rates are a bit much. And they also complained about shortened hours in some of their Port stops.

We paid a little over $900 Fantastica Package, Oceanview Cabin.

And yes, I will come back and post a review.

We're in Rome right now for 2 days. Train Thursday over to Venice.

You can't find a lot of up to date information on the Sinfonia. So, I'll take pictures of the menus and food. I like videos, so I'll be taping a lot and share.:D

Yes, it is disappointing.

Don't let that deter you, there are a few nice TOURS thru MSC you can book.

If I'm feeling up to it, I still may get off the ship that night, apparently the night life is really lively there. That next day is a SEA day anyways, so we'll see.:)

Some of my coworkers was on NCL from Venice this past August. They paid over $1000 per person, Inside Cabin.:o So, yes the rates are a bit much. And they also complained about shortened hours in some of their Port stops.

We paid a little over $900 Fantastica Package, Oceanview Cabin.

And yes, I will come back and post a review.

We're in Rome right now for 2 days. Train Thursday over to Venice.

You can't find a lot of up to date information on the Sinfonia. So, I'll take pictures of the menus and food. I like videos, so I'll be taping a lot and share.:D

That is Great that you started your trip in Rome. We will be starting our trip by flying into Naples (Sunday). Then a day (Tuesday before cruise) driving to the Amalfi Coast and another day (Wednesday) trip to the Isle ofCapri. Then take the train to Venice (Thursday before the cruise). Spend a dayand a half in Venice before starting our cruise.

Cannot wait to read and view your reviews. .