Things to do in London (long!)

cft8

42 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

FYI. In addition to changing the font on quotes (you changed the colour to red), you can also edit within the quote, to leave only the section that you are referring to.

I know, but I did from my phone and it was easier to just do it that way. Otherwise I would of deleted the rest of the quote if I was on my PC. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 6:49 PM, Globaliser said:

If you'd clicked the link, all would have been clear.

I'm frequently reminded (because I often travel past it) of the day that a friend nearly missed a dinner in his honour. We were in a restaurant in Royal Mint Street. He does the North American thing of thinking of it as "Royal Mint". He was in a different place altogether and puzzled as to why he couldn't find the restaurant.

The one I like best in that area of town is Cannon Street Road. If you shorten it to "Cannon", you'll be two (conceptual) steps away from where you need to be. If you shorten it to "Cannon Street", you'll be two miles away, literally.

Over on the other side of town, in W2, there's "Hyde Park". Which could be any of:-

• Hyde Park Crescent
  • Hyde Park Gardens Mews
  • Hyde Park Gardens
  • Hyde Park Place
  • Hyde Park Square Mews
  • Hyde Park Square
  • Hyde Park Street
  • Hyde Park

All these streets are within a few hundred yards of each other. But there are other streets named "Hyde Park something" elsewhere in London too.

Was reading and typing without glasses and left out Palace.   You forgot to correct me on misspelling Buckingham. 🙄