Carrying wine on board and free specialty dining for suites?

ajaxup

Haven’t sailed X for five years and was wondering if some things have changed or not. Can you still carry two bottles of wine in your carryon bags without it being confiscated? We’re in a Sky suite and five years ago one of the suite perks was 2 or 3 free specialty restaurant reservations. I don’t see that listed under suite perks now. Was that eliminated when they opened the new Luminae restaurant for suite guests?

Thanks

You can still carry on two bottles of wine per stateroom.

Yes, the free specialty restaurant was eliminated for sky suites when Luminae was added. That said Luminae is fantastic! We tend to think it is better than the specialty restaurants and often no longer visit them. On our last cruise the Michael's concierge insisted we go to Tuscan for brunch on him since it was his favorite. It was good, but we both felt like we rather would have just had lunch in Luminae.

Haven’t sailed X for five years and was wondering if some things have changed or not. Can you still carry two bottles of wine in your carryon bags without it being confiscated? We’re in a Sky suite and five years ago one of the suite perks was 2 or 3 free specialty restaurant reservations. I don’t see that listed under suite perks now. Was that eliminated when they opened the new Luminae restaurant for suite guests?

Thanks

“Free” unlimited specialty dining is a perk for guests staying in a Royal suite and above.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can still carry on two bottles of wine per stateroom.

Yes, the free specialty restaurant was eliminated for sky suites when Luminae was added. That said Luminae is fantastic! We tend to think it is better than the specialty restaurants and often no longer visit them. On our last cruise the Michael's concierge insisted we go to Tuscan for brunch on him since it was his favorite. It was good, but we both felt like we rather would have just had lunch in Luminae.

Thanks. That’s what I figured regarding Luminae and no mention of free specialty reservations under the Sky Suite perks. I’m glad to hear it’s good. I always enjoyed the ribeye with mac n cheese at Tuscan Grill so I hope they have that at Luminae. Although my internist would probably not agree! I’ll assume the carried on red wine will offset the cholesterol overload. 🤞