Star 2-bedroom family suite connecting to a mini suite

LisaDee

We are looking to book 2 cabins...I see that some 2-bedroom family suites on the Star connect to a mini suite. If we are travelling as a family in those 2 cabins, do the people in the mini suite get the suite perks (access to suite breakfast/lunch, priority boarding, etc)?

Thanks

We did that with my parents on the Jewel in 2016. My parents had the suite and my wife, daughter, and I were in the adjoining mini-suite. On embarkation day the room steward opened the adjoining doors and were all the suite when the butler came in. He suggested my daughter take the empty second bedroom in my parents suite to give my wife and I more privacy. This also saved our room steward from having to set up and take down the sleeper sofa in the mini suite each day. We did not get most of the suite perks, but the butler did let us know that he would include us in any snacks he was bringing to the suite in the afternoon and would serve us in any we he could. He also made sure to invite us to the suite passenger only glacier viewing party in the Haven. He also included us on the priority disembarkation so we could all get off together in the ports. We did tip him appropriately for the extra work. On the last morning we were allowed have breakfast with my parents and the rest of the suite passengers.

I would suggest booking through NCL. We did this but it was me, DH and 6 minor children. The rep was able to put the kids in the adjoining room and everyone got all the amenities because it was booked as an adjoining cabin. IDK if we got it because there were just 2 adults and everyone else was kids but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I would suggest booking through NCL. We did this but it was me, DH and 6 minor children. The rep was able to put the kids in the adjoining room and everyone got all the amenities because it was booked as an adjoining cabin. IDK if we got it because there were just 2 adults and everyone else was kids but it doesn't hurt to ask.

How long ago was this? I know what you described used to be possible but there's been a lot of discussion lately that NCL's new policy is that there must be at least one person over 21 years of age booked in each cabin, even if the cabins connect. NCL don't care who sleeps where, mind you, but they insist that at least one grownup be booked in each cabin. Unfortunately, one effect of this is that the grownup in the connecting minisuite would not get suite perks. I don't know how they would handle the kids booked in the connecting room.