Harmony - embarkation day questions

Hey there! Fam and I will be on Harmony next Saturday. Whoot!

And, yes, I already know we are baaaad puddy tats for flying in same day, but, it is what it is.

Flight into FLL lands at 11:50 am... we have one checked bag on Delta to pick up, then ubering to the port. Hoping to be at the port by 1:00, if that sounds reasonable. Let me know if any of that is a terrible idea (ubering, assuming we will be to the port by 1:00, etc.).

How are things boarding around this time? Is it pretty congested, or have most folks already boarded and lines not terribly long?

We are traveling light with carry-on-sized bags... would it be best to NOT check our bags on our way onto the ship, just go straight to the room and drop them off? Assuming the room would be ready by the time we'd board.

Lunch suggestions? I am guessing it will be after 2 pm before we are able to grab lunch. I plan on packing good snacks for the kiddos for the plane since it will be a pretty late lunch... will the lines still be long at that time? I know Windjammer is always crowded... I hear Park Cafe or Solarium are good options when it's busy. But, I know the kids would be really jazzed about the big huge buffet and would prefer to take them there if it's not insane-o crowded. Not sure when the crowds clear out.

Thanks y'all. Such great info I've received from asking questions in here!

Hey there! Fam and I will be on Harmony next Saturday. Whoot!

And, yes, I already know we are baaaad puddy tats for flying in same day, but, it is what it is.

Flight into FLL lands at 11:50 am... we have one checked bag on Delta to pick up, then ubering to the port. Hoping to be at the port by 1:00, if that sounds reasonable. Let me know if any of that is a terrible idea (ubering, assuming we will be to the port by 1:00, etc.).

How are things boarding around this time? Is it pretty congested, or have most folks already boarded and lines not terribly long?

We are traveling light with carry-on-sized bags... would it be best to NOT check our bags on our way onto the ship, just go straight to the room and drop them off? Assuming the room would be ready by the time we'd board.

Lunch suggestions? I am guessing it will be after 2 pm before we are able to grab lunch. I plan on packing good snacks for the kiddos for the plane since it will be a pretty late lunch... will the lines still be long at that time? I know Windjammer is always crowded... I hear Park Cafe or Solarium are good options when it's busy. But, I know the kids would be really jazzed about the big huge buffet and would prefer to take them there if it's not insane-o crowded. Not sure when the crowds clear out.

Thanks y'all. Such great info I've received from asking questions in here!

You might want to check into Ubering. I don't think the airport allows Uber to pick up there. You may have to do a taxi.

Edit: I looked it up again and it seems the airport and Uber have a partnership and there is a special section for Uber.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Forums mobile app

You might want to check into Ubering. I don't think the airport allows Uber to pick up there. You may have to do a taxi.

Good call! Just scoped the FLL website... they have Uber/Lyft listed on the "Rideshare"section, and have a spot on the map showing where to be picked up. Further googling shows FLL banned uber and lyft pickups for awhile, but they now allow dropoffs AND pickups. Looks like there are two areas they do pickups from at FLL.

Editing because I also saw your Edit :)

Edited by Jaimeglaser
Adding info

Good call! Just scoped the FLL website... they have Uber/Lyft listed on the "Rideshare"section, and have a spot on the map showing where to be picked up. Further googling shows FLL banned uber and lyft pickups for awhile, but they now allow dropoffs AND pickups. Looks like there are two areas they do pickups from at FLL.

Editing because I also saw your Edit :)

Awesome, I am heading down there on the 13th and had looked into it myself but that was probably 6 months ago. Looks like I'll be boarding as you're getting off. We're also flying in the same morning as we're getting married the night before. Our plane lands at 11:00 am so you're in pretty much the same boat we're in. I'd like to know how it goes for you.

Awesome, I am heading down there on the 13th and had looked into it myself but that was probably 6 months ago. Looks like I'll be boarding as you're getting off. We're also flying in the same morning as we're getting married the night before. Our plane lands at 11:00 am so you're in pretty much the same boat we're in. I'd like to know how it goes for you.

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!!! How exciting, and what a great honeymoon!!

Actually, I probably wasn't super clear on my arrival date.. we are also coming in on the 13th. I am wondering... your screen name is buckeye, lol, are flying out of Cinci? That 11:50 arrival on Delta? We are from Fishers, IN... but staying the night in Cinci since the flights were WAY cheaper than leaving out of Indy. We might be on the same flight!

Landed at FLL in mid September and used Uber. Picked up in about five minutes. When we arrived at port, ( for Harmony ) it was around noon and we were on ship in less than 15 minutes. :)

Excellent!! Thank you! Where did you go to lunch that day?

When we cruised on the Harmony we also flew in on the same day. Grabbed a Taxi and were at the port in about 15 minutes. Pretty good bit of traffic but our taxi driver was a beast. Once out of the taxi we were onboard in maybe 45 minutes tops, sometime around 11ish. I think we landed around 930 or so.

Jaime, it is such a short hop to the port from the airport, you don't need to Uber - as you exit the airport terminal, there will be a taxi stand right there. Unless there is a line, you can be in a cab in seconds and on your way. The price will be so similar - I'm not even sure how much you would save in an Uber. (if anything)

When we cruised on the Harmony we also flew in on the same day. Grabbed a Taxi and were at the port in about 15 minutes. Pretty good bit of traffic but our taxi driver was a beast. Once out of the taxi we were onboard in maybe 45 minutes tops, sometime around 11ish. I think we landed around 930 or so.

Jaime, it is such a short hop to the port from the airport, you don't need to Uber - as you exit the airport terminal, there will be a taxi stand right there. Unless there is a line, you can be in a cab in seconds and on your way. The price will be so similar - I'm not even sure how much you would save in an Uber. (if anything)

Oh nice, I didn't know there were just taxis lined up out there... I'm definitely not married to the idea of using an uber. Just used to usually having to call something to come get us from an airport... thanks for the tip!