Carnival Liberty/Volcano Sailing/Which side?

cecilterwiliger

Thanks Serene, There is a LOT of great info there, but I am still at a loss for the volcano viewing. From what I can gather, it is on the 10th night, therefore, a PORT cabin would be best. Any answers from someone who has been on the 2005 sailings of the Liberty in the Med? Thanks again, Serene, I really enjoyed that link.

Since you are new here- more thenlikely you havent visited the other boards..

here is the port of call board for whenthe Liberty sailed the Europe one. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

I did a search for the volcano and came up with nothing.

What volcano are you talking about?? I know there is one in Hawaii.

Wow! Thanks! What great photos! i'm betting this was on the way to Dubrovinik, the ship then goes back via Messina, so I'm assuming that is the night time passing (when the volcano is more stunning) is viewed from the port side. Maybe someone who went on the cruise last summer might see this and have the answer.

• 1 month later...

I sailed on the Liberty last September, and unless they drastically change things, you will be passing by Stromboli on the right, so port side balconies get the view. It was dusk when we approached the island, and by the time we finished, it was dark, so take lots of photos with a good camera that shoots well with low lighting, or better yet tape it with a digital video cam. It erupts sporadically, and pretty much shoots up in the air like fireworks, every few minutes - at least when we were there - and there wasn't any lava flow like you see in Hawaii.

Buon Viaggio!

Archived