what happens to unused VISA OBC?

HBE4

I have $400 of OBC from my RC BOA Visa card. If I do not use all of it, what happens to the unused credit?

I always assumed it was use it or lose it. But I remember reading somewhere that if you go to guest services the last night, they will redeem the balance unused.

Is this correct? Are the points added back to the card? Or is it “cash back” in the form of credit on the VISA card?

I know this question has been asked & answered in the past but the search feature is proving to be a bit of a challenge.  I know, surprising, right? 😉

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I have $400 of OBC from my RC BOA Visa card. If I do not use all of it, what happens to the unused credit?

I always assumed it was use it or lose it. But I remember reading somewhere that if you go to guest services the last night, they will redeem the balance unused.

Is this correct? Are the points added back to the card? Or is it “cash back” in the form of credit on the VISA card?

I know this question has been asked & answered in the past but the search feature is proving to be a bit of a challenge.  I know, surprising, right? 😉

Visa points OBC is fully refundable.  You can either get cash at Guest Services on the last day, or they will credit whatever credit card is used for the onboard account.  If that credit card is the RC Visa, you will lose  double points for that credit.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Visa points OBC is fully refundable.  You can either get cash at Guest Services on the last day, or they will credit whatever credit card is used for the onboard account.  If that credit card is the RC Visa, you will lose  double points for that credit.

As always, thank you Bob for the quick answer. I'm pretty sure we'll end up using the entire OBC but I just hate to "waster" the credit buying something we don't want/need.

And while I do not envy standing on a long line the last night of the cruise to get a cash refund, I don't want to lose double points either! My onboard CC is the RC Visa.

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If what you have left is not that much it might be worth losing double points as opposed to waiting in line for the cash

Good point. I don't want to spend 90 minutes on line and missing the last night of fun to save $8