Entertainment on The Edge

59impala

I see that Jon Bon Jovi will be performing on a couple of sailings in Europe on the Norwegian Cruise Line 2019.

I wonder who the Celebrity Edge high profile entertainers will be in Europe? Surely not another juggler or magician! The amount we are paying we would expect to be amazed. 

Possibilities? Paul McCartney, Elton John.......

• Haha 1

Not saying that they won't have a well-known headliner here and there, but these are the people they have listed on their website. Not big names, but are familiar to some:

"Along with a list of incredible productions, The Theatre will feature resident mainstage performers ranging from top comedians to globally-acclaimed musicians and singers like Ashlie-Amber and Marcus Terell to create some of the hottest concerts anywhere."

It looks to me like the Jon Bon Jovi concert is part of a music charter so they can charge a lot more than usual. When I typed in the info I was directed to what looked like a charter company.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

We haven't heard much about any 'special' entertainers on Edge (other than the ones listed on the site as regulars).... but there has been a lot about the folks setting up the production of shows... which appear to be really cutting edge (so to speak). I think the technical capabilities will attract the interest of performers. So it will be interesting to see what happens. I wonder is Bon Jovi going to be on a special cruise... like a presidents cruise or a special charter? Hard to believe it would be a regular cruise.

3 minutes ago, kearney said:

We haven't heard much about any 'special' entertainers on Edge (other than the ones listed on the site as regulars).... but there has been a lot about the folks setting up the production of shows... which appear to be really cutting edge (so to speak). I think the technical capabilities will attract the interest of performers. So it will be interesting to see what happens. I wonder is Bon Jovi going to be on a special cruise... like a presidents cruise or a special charter? Hard to believe it would be a regular cruise.

It looks like a charter when you google it. That will be a rockin' cruise! :classic_smile:

Man after Royal's last presidents cruise. I am not sure I could take anymore excitement! Looking at Norwegian's press release... it looks like they cut out the middle man... the chartering folks... and decided that they could put on a specialty cruise themselves. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense to do it themselves... they have more control over the events and perhaps can avoid some of the problems that have occurred on other charters. If they plan it as a specialty cruise from the start... you can avoid having families on what ends up being a raunchy adult oriented charter. Have they done this before? Now the issue is if they can get the prices they are charging...  If you are a fan... think about cost of a concert.... and the hassle of getting there and the additional thousands in the crowd. Here you may pay more than a normal cruise... but only 2500 or so at a concert.... may be a better value...   will love to follow this cruise.... another thing to analyze.