DOVER - Taxi into town for lunch or take a tour?

I understand there is nothing much at the port. I have mobility issues so cannot take some of the ship's tours that require a lot of walking. I have thought of hiring a private tour company.   We have seen the White Cliffs (on a land tour years ago) and have been to Canterbury (which I loved). I am not sure some of the tours offered, especially along the seaside are worth the money, but I am also not sure about  just going into town to have lunch. I would love to hear from people who have been to this port and have either just gone into town or have taken private tours. Thank you.

Go up to the castle. It's well worth a visit and they have excellent facilities for those with walking difficulties.

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/dover-castle/plan-your-visit/

They have a wheelchair or mobility scooter loan scheme (advance booking needed) and there is a land train.

The castle is at the top of a steep hill so you would need to take a taxi.

Agree with Bob++ - the castle is fantastic and you can do whatever you are able. Not all that much to do in the town of Dover, really. There's a nice restaurant on the seafront but there's a whole load of construction going on in town. Another idea is to get a taxi to the Battle of Britain memorial, which is not very far and do the 'Scramble Experience'. There's a cafe there as well and an interesting shop.

https://www.battleofbritainmemorial.org/visit/visit-the-memorial/visitor-information/