Best way to JFK library/museum from Seaport area?

IndyCapt

We fly into Boston this Friday morning. Staying at the Yotel on Seaport Blvd for 2 nights prior to our cruise on Serenade this Sunday. We had planned on walking the Freedom Trail on Saturday but the weather forecast looks bad for doing that (100% chance rain, high winds etc). So we thought we'd do something indoors instead and go to the JFK library/museum. We've never been to Boston so we're looking for suggestions on best way to do that via Uber, public transportation....etc...Any ideas are appreciated!

20 minutes ago, IndyCapt said:

We fly into Boston this Friday morning. Staying at the Yotel on Seaport Blvd for 2 nights prior to our cruise on Serenade this Sunday. We had planned on walking the Freedom Trail on Saturday but the weather forecast looks bad for doing that (100% chance rain, high winds etc). So we thought we'd do something indoors instead and go to the JFK library/museum. We've never been to Boston so we're looking for suggestions on best way to do that via Uber, public transportation....etc...Any ideas are appreciated!

If the weather is poor I would suggest Uber, which is currently being quoted as being $7-16.  This would give you door to door service.

For public transit the Silverline indoor Courthouse stop is right by the hotel and costs $2.75/pp. You would take any Silverline bus one stop inbound to South Station for a free transfer to the Red Line direction Braintree/Ashmont to take any Red Line train to JFK/Umass where you would connect with the free shuttle bus to the JFK Library.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/visit-museum/visit/plan-your-trip

The John F. Kennedy is conveniently located near a subway T stop. Ride the Red Line to the JFK/UMASS stop and follow signage directing you to the ground level bus shelters. Board the Route #2 shuttle which departs every 20 minutes to make stops at UMass, the Massachusetts State Archives, and the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library. You can also track the shuttle for your convenience.

18 minutes ago, 138east said:

If the weather is poor I would suggest Uber, which is currently being quoted as being $7-16.  This would give you door to door service.

For public transit the Silverline indoor Courthouse stop is right by the hotel and costs $2.75/pp. You would take any Silverline bus one stop inbound to South Station for a free transfer to the Red Line direction Braintree/Ashmont to take any Red Line train to JFK/Umass where you would connect with the free shuttle bus to the JFK Library.

https://www.jfklibrary.org/visit-museum/visit/plan-your-trip

The John F. Kennedy is conveniently located near a subway T stop. Ride the Red Line to the JFK/UMASS stop and follow signage directing you to the ground level bus shelters. Board the Route #2 shuttle which departs every 20 minutes to make stops at UMass, the Massachusetts State Archives, and the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library. You can also track the shuttle for your convenience.

I think for the convenience in not dealing with the weather as much, I agree that Uber may be our best option. Also, on Friday, since we'll have all our luggage coming from the airport to the hotel, we planned to use Uber then as well. We're looking forward to the Yotel...we went with that place based on your recommendation. It looks nice in the pictures we've seen. Thanks again for your quick reply!

Craig

Sorry about the poor weather here on the weekend.  At least the Red Sox are in LA!  I'm going to Venice, Florence and Rome next week for a TA and rain is predicted in all three places between Wed and Sun. I'm adding waterproof rain pants to my luggage and wearing serious boots instead of sneakers.

2 hours ago, 138east said:

Sorry about the poor weather here on the weekend.  At least the Red Sox are in LA!  I'm going to Venice, Florence and Rome next week for a TA and rain is predicted in all three places between Wed and Sun. I'm adding waterproof rain pants to my luggage and wearing serious boots instead of sneakers.

Yes, we were glad to hear we wouldn't be dealing with the World Series crowds over the weekend! I think the forecast isn't too bad for Friday. We may have some time to get out after we leave luggage at the hotel. Any suggestions for us if the weather cooperates Friday pm on sites to see within walking distance? Despite the weather predicted for your travels, have a great time! Thanks again!

3 hours ago, IndyCapt said:

Yes, we were glad to hear we wouldn't be dealing with the World Series crowds over the weekend! I think the forecast isn't too bad for Friday. We may have some time to get out after we leave luggage at the hotel. Any suggestions for us if the weather cooperates Friday pm on sites to see within walking distance? Despite the weather predicted for your travels, have a great time! Thanks again!

3 hours ago, IndyCapt said:

It's about 3/4 mile walking to the Faneuil Hall area up Atlantic Avenue which has the Rose Kennedy Greenway.  The Boston Harborwalk parallels this route - http://www.audisseyguides.com/walkingmaps/Bostonharborwalk.pdf

Northern Avenue Bridge is closed, so you would cross Fort Point Channel on the Evelyn Moakley Bridge and pick up the walk on the next block. 

An Uber up and down Atlantic Avenue is also an option.  Estimate is $4-6.  Northbound get off at Atlantic & State and walk into the Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market area.  Southbound walk out to Atlantic Ave and State to go back to the hotel.

15 hours ago, 138east said:

It's about 3/4 mile walking to the Faneuil Hall area up Atlantic Avenue which has the Rose Kennedy Greenway.  The Boston Harborwalk parallels this route - http://www.audisseyguides.com/walkingmaps/Bostonharborwalk.pdf

Northern Avenue Bridge is closed, so you would cross Fort Point Channel on the Evelyn Moakley Bridge and pick up the walk on the next block. 

An Uber up and down Atlantic Avenue is also an option.  Estimate is $4-6.  Northbound get off at Atlantic & State and walk into the Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market area.  Southbound walk out to Atlantic Ave and State to go back to the hotel.

Thanks so much for the Harborwalk link and all the helpful directions!