REF: Travel from Newark area Hotels to Manhattan

CVA34

Cruise terminal, with the construction on the Lincoln Tunnel, is ground transportation still the best way or would a ferry be better? Train, subway (if its available) other? Arrival at JFK or LGA be better?

Thank you

From Newark, you have the PATH trains and NJ Transit.  NJ Transit is faster and less stops but costs a bit more.  All airports are far from Manhattan.  LGA being the closest but also with the least options for public transport.  I'd Lyft/Uber it from LGA but not from EWR or JFK.   If you have the choice, I'd chose LGA for easiest way to get to the port. 

Yeah LGA is closer and a "insert ride sharing company here" ride... but can be a cluster...

EWR is very well served by trains of various varieties as mentioned plus Amtrak... they'll take you to Penn Station (underneath Madison Square Gardens), literally 5 minute cab or worst case even a walk to the terminal iirc.

Either will work pretty well.

What you have to consider about taking public transportation from Newark is whether you really want to bring your luggage with you onto the trains, up and down stairs, etc. You are saying Newark hotels. Are you planning to stay in a hotel by Newark airport, and get in from there? Also, what day will it be? Newark Airport is south of the Holland Tunnel, which is much more of a disaster than the Lincoln Tunnel. The day and time you are coming is what makes the most difference. 

I live in Jersey City and I take a ride share (uber/lyft). You’re on vacation why lug your bags through public transit? There are risks of bad traffic no matter what airport you fly into. Make sure you get an early flight if you plan to arrive day of. I personally prefer Newark but I’m biased because it’s less than 15 minutes from where I live. 

Edited by Doitforlove