Tour Guide Cienfuegos

mstorm

We will be in Cienfuegos on the Azamara Journey from 8:00 am to 6:00 am the next day.  Looking for a recommendation for a tour guide.  Also looking for location to enjoy music that evening.  Does anyone know where the Cantores de Cienfuegos or Orquestra de Guitarra perform.

7 hours ago, mstorm said:

We will be in Cienfuegos on the Azamara Journey from 8:00 am to 6:00 am the next day.  Looking for a recommendation for a tour guide.  Also looking for location to enjoy music that evening.  Does anyone know where the Cantores de Cienfuegos or Orquestra de Guitarra perform.

Re: Cienfuegos private tour guides.  Please scroll down to see the list in this thread: 

Tony Castillo is listed on my first post.  BTW, I think the Azamara has really nice Cuba itineraries with overnights in every Cuba port!  For Cienfuegos you will be able to take a longer excursion which includes Trinidad, some of Tony's optional Trinidad City Tour add on itineraries like going to see the Valle de Los Ingenios sugar plantation area or Keramiker Santander, El Alfarero Casa Chichi (Santander family famous 'Casa Chichi' pottery house) and still be able to fit in a basic city tour of Cienfueegos!

If you like Cuban music, did you plan anything in Santiago de Cuba?  There is a free walking tour to go to the "musical street" area in Santiago where the clubs like Casa de la Trova are. It's only 15 minutes walk from the port. See:

If you like Cantores de Cienfuegos, you may like https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vocal+vidas+santiago+de+cuba in Santiago.

In Havana I posted where you can find the Buena Vista Cultural Club in this thread here.  You can find one of the incarnations of the band performing in a club just a few minutes walk from the port:

Laurence

Edited by ebslcc

11 hours ago, mstorm said:

Does anyone know where the Cantores de Cienfuegos or Orquestra de Guitarra perform.

OOPS looks like part of my previous replied got removed with my edit.  You may want to check with Tony Castillo re: where the Cantores de Cienfuegos or Orquestra de Guitarra perform for the day you will be in town.  Tony is a Casa owner in Cienfuesgo.  I will check with him also.  We would be interested in seeing Cantores de Cienfuegos.  If you find out more about where they perform please post.  Thanks!