Edge Specialty Dining Restaurant Changes

vtcruising

I wanted to post this since they just changed it recently (have been checking every few days because I didn't think it was accurate). The Edge Dining Packages do NOT include Dinner on the Edge, Magic Carpet or Raw on 5, as the previous flyer outlined. Here is the latest flyer (dated 11/2018). I apologize because I also posted this on a couple of active threads, but didn't want this missed by those it might affect so decided to start a separate thread.

I'm not surprised that Dinner on the Edge is not included (that will likely be pricey), but am surprised that Raw on 5 is not included since Sushi on 5 is still included. It may be a mistake since my cruise planner says:

"Dining Packages
Specialty Dining Package pricing include restaurant cover charges only. All dining package are per person only and cannot be shared or combined with other promotions. Guests dining in Sushi on Five or in Raw on 5 will receive a maximum of $35 credit towards the food items on their bill."

image.thumb.png.81e1ac602fd95b2a6eb5636ab4502049.png

Here is the fine print on this latest flyer:

All packages are per person, subject to availability, and non-transferable. Package pricing include restaurant cover charges only.” Guests dining in Sushi on 5 will receive a maximum of $35 credit towards the food items on their bill. This is non redeemable for cash. Additional items such as beverages, supplements, food and wine pairings, and gratuities are not included. Reservations are subject to change based on availability of ship and sail date.Cancelled packages are subject to full cover charges. Prices are in USD. 11/2018

Edited by vtcruising

At least Raw on the 5 is back. My DH will be very happy.  I was thinking of canceling my 4 night package for 12/9, given the MC was not longer included and I was getting worried about not getting the times we like. However, I checked yesterday and all early times for dinner available to book and pay full price are no longer available. So I think I will try my luck at asking my butler to see if he can get me reservations earlier than 9 pm. If not, oh well we will just go to an early show and eat late.  At least I got the 4 night package before it went up. I agree with VT, that celebrity will make sure everyone with a package gets to use it but we will have to be flexible with time and date. I think I will be so excited to be on Edge, I really won't care what time I eat dinner. Only 21 more days for us! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mcampo said:

At least Raw on the 5 is back. My DH will be very happy.  I was thinking of canceling my 4 night package for 12/9, given the MC was not longer included and I was getting worried about not getting the times we like. However, I checked yesterday and all early times for dinner available to book and pay full price are no longer available. So I think I will try my luck at asking my butler to see if he can get me reservations earlier than 9 pm. If not, oh well we will just go to an early show and eat late.  At least I got the 4 night package before it went up. I agree with VT, that celebrity will make sure everyone with a package gets to use it but we will have to be flexible with time and date. I think I will be so excited to be on Edge, I really won't care what time I eat dinner. Only 21 more days for us! 

I think we will be eating late anyway, if we have time to eat! I guess we will have to stop and fuel up before dancing the night away in The Club! 😉

The chart you show has two sides.  Assume the one on the right is for Eden only, correct?  I paid $125 for 4 which I was glad I did it early and hope on a 7 night cruise I can get reservations for 4 of the new specialty dining venues. We do prefer to eat late so that is good.

What is the best place to go once on board to schedule our dining reservations?  I imagine the maître d' desk at the specialty dining area will be crowded.  Also we want to watch the Super Bowl so dinner the first night is out for us.  Hoping for a Super Bowl party on board.

Cannot wait to read all about the ship, food, everything after the first few sailings.

14 minutes ago, dazey said:

The chart you show has two sides.  Assume the one on the right is for Eden only, correct?  I paid $125 for 4 which I was glad I did it early and hope on a 7 night cruise I can get reservations for 4 of the new specialty dining venues. We do prefer to eat late so that is good.

What is the best place to go once on board to schedule our dining reservations?  I imagine the maître d' desk at the specialty dining area will be crowded.  Also we want to watch the Super Bowl so dinner the first night is out for us.  Hoping for a Super Bowl party on board.

Cannot wait to read all about the ship, food, everything after the first few sailings.

The righthand chart is Edge restaurants and the left is for other Celebrity ships. There is more than one specialty desk usually, I believe. On my last cruise, there was one right near where we boarded and another outside the Ocean View Cafe. I would head to one of them immediately to get the reservations that you want. :classic_smile: