"He who steals my purse steals trash"

yiddishkopf

The above is a quote from Shakespeare. In my own life, he/she who steals /confiscates my tweezers incurs the wrath of a bushy eyebrowed psychopath!

I've been searching the airline sites to make sure my tweezers can go in my carryon but tweezers are not addressed. I know I can take scissors less then 4 inches, etc, but what about tweezers?

One thing I know for sure is that the policy among TSA screeners is NOT consistent. I also know that I should be calling the airlines, but in addition to heavy eyebrows, I was born without the patience gene, and having spent 3 hours on the phone with the Human Resources office of the Chicago Public Schools, I'm turning to my CC friends and fellow travelers.

We leave tomorrow evening for LA, then headed to Auckland to board the Statendam on 1-21-06. We are flying AA to LA and Air Tahiti Nui to Auckland via Tahiti.

Thank you in advance for any information you may have.

I have even carried surgical tweezers (much more dangerous than regular tweezers) with no problem, but at the same time they did confiscate my little 4 inch scissors. (go figure) Nail clippers are great for cutting cable ties also.

Archived