TRIBUTE TO COREY BIRD MAN SCHMIDT

rpsinnj

Few hours ago I got an email from a good friend (not a Cruise Director) that works for Carnival. He told me about Corey Schmidt leaving Carnival. I didn’t believe it at first. I was in shock for several minutes but turned on the computer and saw Kristi posting. Over the past few weeks I haven’t been following Cruise Critic a great deal. I found out a few weeks ago if you don’t have your health in life, you really don’t have anything. I will be Ok, I’m under very good Doctor care at this time.

Now a few words about Corey Schmidt, me and my wife got to know the Bird man over the past 8 years plus. At the start Corey was the Social Host on a Carnival ship along with his bird act. We watched this person grow into one of the finest Cruise Director on the Seven Seas. We got to know him more and more each time we cruised with him (yes we do cruise with other Cruise Director beside John). Each time we cruised with Corey he got better and better like a good bottle of wine. We have exchanged many emails over the past few years. Corey is a great and good guy.

Over the years I have gone to bat for Corey on all kind of matters, but at times we also had some battles,we did have some disagreements, but that is life and looking back at a few things I was wrong and will admit my wrong doing. I recall many memories with him. How can I ever forget the “Come ONâ€â€¦â€¦â€¦.

Corey will be leaving Carnival, not only will he be leaving behind a piece of his heart, time does go on but his memories will last forever. The Birdman did in deed leave many of them behind with many thousand of guests aboard a Carnival Fun ship. He is a class act and a great showman and a true professional in his field. He displayed the true meaning of a Carnival Fun Ship, supplying the true mean of fun and laugher and this is what a Carnival Fun Ship stands for. Corey said something that I never forgot going back to 1996 during his act he stated the more you give and show love to a pet, the more you get in return, well Corey over the years you also gave a lot to all the people aboard a Carnival ship. Thanks you from the bottom of my heart, you will truly be missed by all including me. COME ON

1. jan 94.... celebration

2. July 94 fascination inaugural NYC

3. oct 94 sensation

4. april 95 sovereign of seas

5. June 95 song of America

6. Sept 95 sovereign of seas

7. jan 96 imagination

8. June 96 inspiration

9. Oct 96 fascination

10.Nov 96 destiny NY City one night

11.Nov 96 destiny inaugural Miami

12.April 97 destiny

13.June 97 grandeur of seas

14.Oct 97 imagination

15.Jan 98 destiny

16.May 98 destiny

17.June 98 imagination

18.Sept 98 destiny

19.Jan 99 paradise

20.May 99 Nordic empress

21.Aug 99 triumph

22.Oct 99 triumph

23.Jan 2000 triumph

24.April 2000.....destiny

25.June 2000......destiny

26.Aug/Sept 2000 victory

27.Oct 2000......triumph

28.Jan 2001.....explorer of seas.

29.April 2001....triumph

30.july 2001.....victory

31.sept 2001 ....triumph

32.jan 2002..... spirit

33. may 2002...victory

34. oct 2002 ...cc legend

35.october-nov 2002 victory

36..feb 2003 ....triumph

37...april/may 2003...triumph

38...july 2003 ............glory inaugural

39...oct2003..........truimph

40...april 2004 triumph

41...june 2004 miracle

42...oct 2004 miracle legend or triumph

43...jan 2005 valor

Well I haven't met Corey (yet) but Carnival's loss will be my gain. I can go see Corey any day I want to. He will be one hour from my house. And I won't have to pay for a cruise to see him. A couple gallons of gas and the price of an admission ticket and I am there. I understand that a lot of folks will miss him, but me, I'm just lookin' forward to finally meetin' the man!!

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

My sentiments completely Robert........

Will MISS Corey, his personality and his friendship (and of course his birds)!

But you must follow your dreams and his was to make people happy and when an opportunity like this arises, then you take it as life is just too short!!

Now where is my call?

kangaroo.gif

aus.gif

Storm'n Norman & Skippy

The Aussie Cruise-a-holic Duo

Cruise Photos @

http://community.webshots.com/user/stormnnorman

CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS (IN ABOVE LINK) FROM THE "STAR PRINCESS" (18TH OCTOBER 2003)!

http://community.webshots.com/user/justgotta

robert, i see you are thinking of the legend in october.....

we will be on the oct 26th sailing...any idea who will be our cruise director????

glad to see you're back on the boards....best wishes for your health to improve....

Marsha

Premier Oceanic 10/89

Carnival Destiny 9/97

Carnival Triumph 10/99

RCCL Majesty-Seas 3/02

Carnival Legend 10/02

CCL Fascination 1/03

Dawn Princess 12/03

Carnival Legend 10/04

I feel lucky to have sailed with Corey once...just back in January. He IS one of a kind.

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

no dont know who is legend cd at this time...or going to be cd in october, like i stated before i really lost contact with cruise critic and cruise world, it is a shock when you find out that you have a serious health matter, we might be on legend early october out of nyc

we had the pleasure of cruising with Corey last October and he has been by far our favorite one... He will be greatly missed

Pride- 07/06/02

Jubilee- 02/22/03

Conquest- 10/19/03

4/15-- Holiday--Surprise cruise for my boyfriend!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;15;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

5/15-- M&M at Rawlings All American Grille

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;15;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

03/13/2005- Conquest with the kidscountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;3;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

baby21.gifbeerchug.gif

Archived