advice on refund

donnatauber

March 27th we sailed on the Holiday, our room was one of 10 suites on the Veranda Deck, (and the most expensive) however most of cruise we had NO water. When it did work it was only the hot, or to add to that the drain didn't work. When meant no showers, no toilet, no brushing your teeth. I complained a number of times at the desk, and was told it was being repaired and would work soon. (it never did) I assumed the ship had no authority for credits or refunds and planned to write Carnival when I got home. However, the night before departing we were slipped a note under our door apologizing for the plumbing and offering a 10% off our next cruise. At disembarking was the first time everyone on our floor got together and you can guess the main subject. We were very dismayed to learn that some people got 15% off and others got 250.00 credit on their sign and sail card. And others got nothing. Why didn't they treat all the same? We had the same problem, and our room more than most at the end of the hall (V2) I am preparing my letter now and was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and what to do. thanks!

PS otherwise we had a great time! but no shower before dinner bites!

icon_confused.gif

Holiday July 2002

Conquest July 2003

Holiday March 27th 2004!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnatauber:

March 27th we sailed on the Holiday

PS otherwise we had a great time! but no shower before dinner bites!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it bites! There should be equal compensation

Up Next... A Date with Destiny 04/11/04

To Sea, or not, to See.

Starward 81, Volendam 83, Oceanic 87, Majestic 93, Victory 2/10/02, Imagination 5/23/02, 1/30/03, Conquest 12/28/03

Conquest New Years Cruise

http://community.webshots.com/user/crisp1028

I would write a letter to guest relations at Carnival explain to them what you just posted for us to read. I'm not sure why Carnival did not offer the same type of compensation to all parties involved but from what you described and the type of cabin that you booked, you deserve more than 10% off a future cruise. I will tell you not to expect any type of refund for your problems. It seems that cruise lines only want to give you a precent off a future cruise which or course means that they will get your future business if you decide to take them up on it. Good luck and let us know what the outcome is on this situation.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

donnatauber

Thanks for writing a very respectful post! I agree with the previous posts. You should recieve more/equal compensating. Thanks

Bigger the ship, bigger the party!

7_2_117.gif

Conquest 04/11/04

Inspiration 05/27/01

Days until our next cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;4;11;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Sounds fishy. I hope you include everything in your letter that you posted here...I'll then hope Carnival steps up to the plate with a righteous compensation cuz your 'inconvenience' really WAS.

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

You for sure deserve some type of a refund and should not be expected to book a cruise with a company that did not stand behind their promise of fixing soon. I love Carnival for a lot of reasons, but fair is fair. You should not have this kind of frustration while on vacation without being compensated for it. Things do happen but they need to stand behind what they promised you when making your final payment.

Patti

My Conquest Review

dolphins_jump_md_wht.gif

aadog.gif

Archived