Are rooms available before 1:00 pm on Vision on embarkation day

creel5857

After on-line check in my paperwork says arrival time 11:30-12:00.  Thought i had read that no rooms ready till about 1:00.  We will have a few things with us I prefer to not check in with other luggage like 2 cpap machines and bag with meds.  Can anyone offer a few thoughts about where you stay if room not ready.....are the dining options already overwhelmed with people ......just need tips on what we should do or if it is better to wait until 1:00 to even try to get checked in.  We will be going out of New Orleans for the first time and I am not sure how long it takes to get parked and processed at that port.  We have made decision to try to get parked in attached port parking area if we can locate a space.   Any thoughts or tips appreciated.   

Rooms will not be ready until at least 1:00 PM. You should not check medical devices, medications, essentials and will have to keep them with you until the rooms are available. The Windjammer will have food available, and also the cafe in the solarium. There are public areas onboard where you can wait. 

We fly, so I don't know anything about parking in NOLA. But if you park around 11- 11:30 and mosey over to the terminal and check in, you shouldn't have to wait very long to stash your carry-ons. 

There is a caveat about that though. Unexpected delays and very long lines can occur at ANY cruise check in for unknown reasons, no matter which port you are embarking from. Computers go down, the previous sailing is late clearing, fog, shoreside procedures change....We would all like it to go smoothly, but sometimes it doesn't. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1