Navigator Suite and Pinnacle Grill question

sailorgirl

2 hours ago, sailorgirl said:

Is it still an amenity for Navigator Suite passengers to be offered breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill?

I think you mean Neptune Suites?

Right now it is unless you are on the Pinnacle Class shipts (N Statendam and Koningsdam) where Club Orange has been instituted and my understanding is the Neptune Suites have breakfast there now.

Club Orange will be moving to the Vista and Signature class as well according to recent news.

On the R & S class ships, the Pinnacle Grill has no windows so at times, Neptune Suite passengers dine in the MDR in a special area, however, most are reporting eating in the PG as of late (as we did when we were on the Rotterdam).

We're on our first HAL cruise, and have a Neptune Suite on the Prinsendam starting Friday. We've never read anything about our cruise that says breakfast is served in the Pinnacle Grill. We had read that we would be served breakfast in our room with free Mimosas, but we didn't print that and can't find it anymore on a HAL website. We'll see when we get there. With 4 to 5 meter waves predicted for Friday night, we'll see what happens. If we can still eat breakfast anywhere on Saturday morning, it will be a good thing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SWFLAOK said:

We're on our first HAL cruise, and have a Neptune Suite on the Prinsendam starting Friday. We've never read anything about our cruise that says breakfast is served in the Pinnacle Grill. We had read that we would be served breakfast in our room with free Mimosas, but we didn't print that and can't find it anymore on a HAL website. We'll see when we get there. With 4 to 5 meter waves predicted for Friday night, we'll see what happens. If we can still eat breakfast anywhere on Saturday morning, it will be a good thing.

Breakfast on the Prinsendam is available in the Pinnacle Suite for sure 🙂  They are not tinkering with this ship at this stage.

Enjoy the NS on this ship - it's the nicest in the fleet IMO - not as big as some but much better laid out and with the curtains closing if one is an early riser, they don't disturb the other.  Love the NS on this ship and the Signature Suites 🙂   There are none like it in the fleet.

As to your motion - as long as the waves are not side to side and they are  forward, the Prinsendam's hull cuts through them beautifully.  Only side to side is a bother.  Forward waves are no issue.

Have a wonderful cruise 🙂 

1 hour ago, SWFLAOK said:

We had the same problem on our first cruise. Didn't find out about breakfast until next to last day. One of the best perks from the Neptune. The roomservice order card in your suite should list free Mimosas for breakfast. The free Mimosas are not offered in the Pinnacle Grill for Breakfast. 

6 hours ago, sailorgirl said:

As for the high seas first night out, I'd suggest a Bonine  just prior to sailing.  Should take care of any possible motion sickness and it lasts for about 24 hours.  Doesn't make me drowsy either.  

I will definitely be taking  Bonine an hour before we leave port. I might need one more during the night, but it looks like Saturday will be much more calm. I've almost always had good results with it, and before we sold our boat and started taking cruises, I relied on Bonine to cross the gulf stream to the Bahamas many times. Good info sailorgirl.