Puerto Madryn snorkel with seals, have you done it?

lonestarmikeb

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are also very interested to hear of anyone who has experienced snorkeling with the seals in Puerto Madryn. It certainly sounds like a wonderful once in a life time experience. Hopefully the wetsuits provided are nice and thick 🙂 Steve & Jill

On 12/23/2018 at 5:40 PM, lonestarmikeb said:

We love unique experience and snorkeling with seals with Lobo Larsen Buceo would be a first for us, has anyone done this on a cruise and how was it?

Have you gone yet?  We are going Feb 2, and will be be in Peurto Madryn on the 6th.  Have been in touch with a dive operation there and awaiting confirmation.  They've said that the water should be around 21 degrees at that time, so not too bad.  They do rent dry suites and the undergarments if you want to be warmer.

33 minutes ago, Luvdesun said:

Have you gone yet?  We are going Feb 2, and will be be in Peurto Madryn on the 6th.  Have been in touch with a dive operation there and awaiting confirmation.  They've said that the water should be around 21 degrees at that time, so not too bad.  They do rent dry suites and the undergarments if you want to be warmer.

We are not going till next year so I'm trying to get some information. Please share your experience when you get back.

We have booked this excursion with  Labo Larsen.  Apparently cruise days they dont scuba dive only snorkel.  This is also ok with us as the experience is too swim with the lion seals.  $80 US per person.  45 min in water.  Hop its warm 😃.  Posting afterwards may be difficult as I'll never find this post again.  Check Trip Advisor under this company name.  Will certainly post comments there afterwards and my add photos.  Pretty excited about this excursion.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:20 PM, Luvdesun said:

We have booked this excursion with  Labo Larsen.  Apparently cruise days they dont scuba dive only snorkel.  This is also ok with us as the experience is too swim with the lion seals.  $80 US per person.  45 min in water.  Hop its warm 😃.  Posting afterwards may be difficult as I'll never find this post again.  Check Trip Advisor under this company name.  Will certainly post comments there afterwards and my add photos.  Pretty excited about this excursion.

Thanks for reviewing when you finish, can't wait to hear especially from a cruise point of view.