First mega-ship and first repositioning - talk to me please!

darlacat

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We haven’t eaten in the MDR other than for lunch in 2 1/2 years so I can’t speak to that. I will say i’ve NEVER met a P in the SL without a Pin.  I’m sure there are some who do not wear them. For the purpose of this thread, it’s about overwhelming numbers of P’s in the SL/CK during TA’s and other times where many P’s travel on the same cruise. You can tell, the dynamics of the SL/CK change. The quantity of P’s drastically affect the quality of the experience for Suite Guests in the SL/CK.  This FACT is not arguable, PERIOD. 

It is not a FACT.  It is your opinion.  Which you are entitled to have an opinion.  It is an opinion though....Not a fact.  It is most definitely arguable.  It is a great debate.   I absolutely stand by my opinion based on my experience that on the SY TA the RCCL staff/crew did an amazing job providing an excellent experience for both the suite guests and the large number of P onboard.   I was on that sailing and had many excellent conversations with both suite guests and P friends....and probably a few folks that are P that I don't even know are P.   Most of the Ps that we chatted with didn't even go to the SL or CK.  They were perfectly happy in Dazzles and Chops.  So I don't think there was nearly the  "overwhelming difference" that you might have expected.  I can't speak for other TAs....just the SY that recently occurred.  There is no doubt that the dynamics of a TA are different than those of a 7-night caribbean sailing.  On the TA you have many more repeat cruisers.  It wasn't just the P that were there in large numbers...there were also 2500+ Diamond and Diamond Plus members onboard.  The dynamics of a TA is different also because of the extra time at sea.  The requirement for the crew/staff to provide much more enterntainment/activities, etc.  

55 minutes ago, skiiergirl said:

It is not a FACT.  It is your opinion.  Which you are entitled to have an opinion.  It is an opinion though....Not a fact.  It is most definitely arguable.  It is a great debate.   I absolutely stand by my opinion based on my experience that on the SY TA the RCCL staff/crew did an amazing job providing an excellent experience for both the suite guests and the large number of P onboard.   I was on that sailing and had many excellent conversations with both suite guests and P friends....and probably a few folks that are P that I don't even know are P.   Most of the Ps that we chatted with didn't even go to the SL or CK.  They were perfectly happy in Dazzles and Chops.  So I don't think there was nearly the  "overwhelming difference" that you might have expected.  I can't speak for other TAs....just the SY that recently occurred.  There is no doubt that the dynamics of a TA are different than those of a 7-night caribbean sailing.  On the TA you have many more repeat cruisers.  It wasn't just the P that were there in large numbers...there were also 2500+ Diamond and Diamond Plus members onboard.  The dynamics of a TA is different also because of the extra time at sea.  The requirement for the crew/staff to provide much more enterntainment/activities, etc.  

I’m guessing you are P as you didn’t identify yourself as a Suite Guest. I can understand your position. I haven’t been on a TA and only once in Oasis Class with more than 15 P’s onboard.  On that cruise, we were NEVER sat at our reservation times in the CK and many nights couldn’t get a seat in the SL before dinner.  Lunch in the CK on boarding day was impossible. 

I’m not bashing P’s. It’s not a P issue but a space issue and service level. Royal needs to protect the Suite Experience. Most cruises don’t have this issue. 

I know people that sailed in Full Suites and they sailed on the SY TA and there opinion is much different than yours. I watched some of their scopes from the SL/CK. 

I just think that people sailing in Suites need to be aware that issues may exist to their Suite Experience on TA as the OP asked. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m guessing you are P as you didn’t identify yourself as a Suite Guest. I can understand your position. I haven’t been on a TA and only once in Oasis Class with more than 15 P’s onboard.  On that cruise, we were NEVER sat at our reservation times in the CK and many nights couldn’t get a seat in the SL before dinner.  Lunch in the CK on boarding day was impossible. 

I’m not bashing P’s. It’s not a P issue but a space issue and service level. Royal needs to protect the Suite Experience. Most cruises don’t have this issue. 

I know people that sailed in Full Suites and they sailed on the SY TA and there opinion is much different than yours. I watched some of their scopes from the SL/CK. 

I just think that people sailing in Suites need to be aware that issues may exist to their Suite Experience on TA as the OP asked. 

1. It definitely "reads to me" like you are P bashing

2. I shouldn't have to identify myself as a suite guest. 

3.  My point is...that not everyone in the SL/CK can be identified as a suite guest or a P,,,just because they aren't wearing a pin.  The staff was very diligent in confirming everyone's  "eligibility"  to be in the SL/CK.  There also is no way for  other pax to know whether the Ps wearing pins were in a full suite or not....so they may have "doubly" qualified to be in there.  Should they have gotten more priority than "just a P" or "just a suite guest"? 

4.  OP never asked about a suite or the SL/CK.  The information / debate may not even be relative to them. 

5.  If your issue on an OA class was because there were "more than 15 P" onboard, it sounds to me like it was an SL/CK management/staffing issue....not because there were "more than 15 P onboard".   That few a number of P would not have caused the type issues you mentioned.  I understand your feelings....but I think you are "placing blame" in the wrong case from your experience.  I am sorry you had a bad experience....but don't blame the "more than 15 P".