Escape room - Mariner OTS or Nassau Blackbeard's Escape?

We are going on Mariner in a few days and would like to do an escape room.  I'm trying to decide if it's better to do the ship's escape room or the land one?

Mariner OTS - $19.99, seems to have good reviews here on CC

Blackbeard's Escape in Nassau - $32/pp - has good reviews on Trip advisor

I hear that most ship escape rooms do get booked up so that would make sure that our party of 2 would have companions.  Not sure if we would end up just the 2 of us in Nassau one (which would probably be too hard to solve).

I know that most land-based rooms have couple secret hidden rooms to unlock.  I'm not sure if Mariner is just one room or has those secret rooms too.

Has anyone been to both and can compare?

Thanks!

DW and I did the escape room on Mariner in November. It was a lot of fun and we felt it was worth the $20 pp. Mariner has just one room, all the clues are there (apparently it is where the chapel used to be). There were 10 people trying to solve the escape and we knew none of the other people beforehand.

We solved the 50 minute escape with 29 seconds to spare. 🙂

• Like 1

We did the Anthem escape room in early December.  Had a lot of fun.  Cost was $0.00 so I don't really understand why the  Mariner has a cost associated with their escape room while the Anthem was included in the cruise price. We could not book online we had to book while on the ship.

Edited by Tim,n,Sue

On 1/3/2019 at 9:58 AM, Tim,n,Sue said:

Cost was $0.00 so I don't really understand why the  Mariner has a cost associated with their escape room while the Anthem was included in the cruise price. 

All the other ships charge for it because it's a dedicated venue, unlike Anthem which is an "add-on".

On 1/2/2019 at 8:21 AM, stevendom57 said:

DW and I did the escape room on Mariner in November. It was a lot of fun and we felt it was worth the $20 pp. Mariner has just one room, all the clues are there (apparently it is where the chapel used to be). There were 10 people trying to solve the escape and we knew none of the other people beforehand.

We solved the 50 minute escape with 29 seconds to spare. 🙂

Thank you for the info!  Did you sign up before sailing or did they have availability to sign up on the ship?

I did the escape room on the Mariner with my 16 and 13 year old.

There were 10 of us and we paid $20/each.

It took an hour.

We all had a good time.

I booked it for the sea day before we sailed.

I would recommend it.

I can't comment on Blackbeard's escape.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 7:21 PM, mentor1000 said:

Thank you for the info!  Did you sign up before sailing or did they have availability to sign up on the ship?

I signed up for it using the Cruise Planner beforehand. From talking to the other couples on the escape I believe that there were still slots to sign up for onboard.