Specific Question - Entry/Gangway onto ship. Koningsdam/Nieuw Statendam

I was wondering about a midship cabin on a lower deck... And now I am seeing that it looks like the one Gangway is right there, mid-ship, off the Atrium on Decks 1 and 2.

Is that. true.   that would be a traffic area on Port Days.

I am also wondering about noise from B.B.Kings. (which is forward on Deck 2 on the N.S.) in cabins near the Atrium on Deck 1.

Would the sound/beat travel that far?

Can any of you offer any good info?

We sailed Koningsdam last month.  We were midship on Deck 4.  Never a problem with noise or anything like that.

Yes, at least one of the gangways is midship but on level A (below Deck 1).  So, the Atrium is not usually too crowded on port days.  The Atrium Deck 1 & 2 is crowded because that's where the Dutch Cafe and Guest Services is located.

Thanks!

Interesting, on the N.S. there is really nothing at all on the Deck 1 mid-ship atrium, except for the meeting rooms.

Grand Dutch Cafe is on Deck 3.  Everything is packed on Deck 2 and 3.

I like the idea of the larger mid-ship cabin.  It is just that location there at the Atrium, and what appears to be the entrance/exit doors to the Gangway.   

Maybe there would be no real noise or disturbance???  But, maybe so?

Just got off the Koningsdam. I wouldn't' think this would be an issue; the Deck 2 entry is only used in 'major ports,' like Ft Lauderdale; the A Deck (crew deck) entry is used in Caribbean ports and for tendering. I suppose if you have a 1st Deck ocean view room right above the A Deck entrance it might be a little annoying, but probably no worse than being near an elevator.  I'll note that (it seems this way anyway) most of the time when the A Deck entryways are used, they use the most forward one (I believe there's at least two - forward and midships, and probably a third, aft, as well). I'd be more worried about the Rock Room on Deck 2, but I didn't think to take a walk on Deck 1 while they were playing. 

The people I do feel sorry for are the 8th deck folks right under the gym/spa all the way forward - getting dumbbells dropped on their overhead all day.