Oceania Regatta 4-13-06-Ship Excursions Or Book Your Own

I am working on our Athens to Istanbul Cruise 4-13-06 and would like opinions about whether to take the ship's excursions or to book our own private tours in the ports. We are especially intersted in tours for Kusadasi and Katakolon. We could use some advice on Corfu, Delos and Santorini.

Thanks. Ferne

Dear Fern,

We are on the same cruise and wondering the same thoughts - Cruise excursions or on our own? We have done lots of cruises in the Caribbean on Celebrity but this is our first time on Oceania and first time on a Med cruise. Perhaps we can share thoughts and perhaps excursions?

Leslie

Hi Leslie! Looking forward to meeting you. We live in Fort Worth, TX. We have travelled a lot in the Caribean and major cities in Europe but we have not done the Med either.

I sent an e-mail to contact Levant Solmaz regarding a Kusadasi tour but I have not heard back yet. I did hear back from Lale Kosagan and he and his wife are already booked I have not tried Ekol Travel or Nejat Incedogan. They were both recommended on the board.

We were hoping not to do a full day tour at Kusadasi or Katakolon but leave a little time to do things on our own or go back to the ship a little early if we are exhausted by then. What were you guys hoping to do?

ferne

Archived