Glory Tours...recent tour participants

vivig

Hello,

If anyone has booked this Tour company may you let me know how your experience was..positive or negative. We are thinking of the Bajan Tour.

Also, How long does is the turn around time for receiving a reply to an e-mail you have sent to them.

Do you ahve any other suggestions for a tour company that offers similar services?

Thanks in advance

Vivian

This was one of the best tours we've taken anywhere. Sarah (the owner) and our guide were terrific, and very accommodating. This tour is 6-7 hours. It includes Harrison Cave, a tram ride thru the cave (after a 15 minute documentary about the history of Barbados and the cave, while you wait). Then a ride to Bathsheba, and then an excellent home-cooked grilled tuna lunch in an out of the way "restaurant". Next was an hour stop at the Wild Life Reserve. Then a ride to the Glass Bottom boat ride, and "swimming/snorkeling with the turtles and fish" -- really !!! It was a very enjoyable day.

They have small 6-8 seater vans, and larger 20-seater ones. Our ship was an hour late getting into port, and they waited for us. (I had their phone number, and the conceirge called from the ship, but they were monitoring our delay anyway.) Our cruise changed itinerary and therefore date, but they changed it with no problem a week before sailing. Everyone we know highly recommends this tour over the shorter one available from the cruise line. Very reliable company. The family has been in the business for 40 years with this tour.

littledylansmom: Thanks I am so curious to see how it works out for you all. Have a gr8 cruise.

CAKER: Thanks for all the info! Unfortunately, I have sent e-mails to their attention with no success in responses? I have read some comments from past cruisers about the double billing??? Then I hear such wonderful things from cruisers such as yourself.

We are interested in teh Bajan Highlights tour..my concern is that our ship is scheduled to leave port at 5:30pm and they indicate that is their time of arrival to port....I am wondering if they can tweak it to bring it an hour earlier as well if they have room to accomdate us.

This tour sounds like to 'perfect' fit for my family.....just curious as to why they are not responding to my e-mails?

Sorry did not mean to run on and on...

Thanks for everyone's assistance:)

Vivian

We booked glory tour - Best of Barbados after reading the reviews here. First, I have to say I didn't get any email confirmation after we booked it online. I had to call Sarah twice before I saw the passes/confirmation.

Started off with Harrison Cave, a tram ride thru the cave (not too exciting after Luray Caves, VA). Then a ride to Bathsheba, and then home-cooked grilled chicken/fish lunch. Then we went to the Wild Life Reserve. We just saw one tiny green monkey. A little boring! Lastly, we went for a ride to the Glass Bottom boat ride, and swimming/snorkeling with the turtles. That was the best part of the tour. Lots of fun swimming w/turtles.

I called Sarah on our drive back to the ship about being charged more than the web rate ($95/person). She said that was because of the exchange rates. We were charged $196.56 while our confirmation said $190.00. (??)

We came back to the port and did our souvenoir shopping right before we got back to the ship.

We just returned from our cruise on the Destiny and we booked with Glory Tours. I must say that this company is not well run. Our description on getting to our pick up spot was incorrect. We were told to look for a Blue Windmill coming out of the port...I later find that the blue windmill blew down a few weeks before I received the directions. When the van picked us up the driver was confused as we had booked the land/water tour and all of his other passengers had only booked land. We hit the usual spots...Harrisons caves, Bathsheba (this is the most beautiful beach ever), stopped by a church, and then lunch. Food was not so good and they didn't have any flying fish. Was then taken to the animal preserve where we only had 30 minutes to look around as they were having a cab pick us up to take us to the beach for the turtle/snorkel part of our trip. The guy running the boat was more interested in drinking the rum punch than our tour. He was also fishing for his dinner most of the time we were on the boat. The saving grace of this tour was our new cab driver. He was very knowledgable of Barbados and he waited for us while we were on the boat. All in all its a nice tour but it could be so much better with better management.

Dipleen,

let me see if I can clarify the rates for you. Sarah has quoted you in US Dollars for your tour.. however, in Barbados she can only run her credit card machine in Barbados dollars. While the Babados Currancy is at 2.00barbados dollars to 1 USD, most travel companies charge a rate of exchange of 2.05 as this assist in covering the Bank charges, credit card charges etc. The normal rate of exchange is actually 2.0388 to 1USd as far as the banks are concerned.

But she should have explained that she would charge a rate of X Barbados dollars. There was also likely some conversion going from her charge here in Barbados through to your bank card center in the US or whereever you are.

Archived