Thanks to everyone on these boards!

shawnalr

As I'm reviewing my spreadsheet for my Carnival Cruise budget (I'm not alone out there am I? :classic_wink:), I'm feeling overwhelmed with how thankful I am for these boards and the members who have helped me save so much money.  I'm a planner and a researcher and this is my first cruise, so I had no idea where to begin!  Where do I start?  Where do I cruise to?  What ship should we book?  Should I get a travel agent?  Do I need travel insurance?  I had a million questions like this and I've found the answer to everything

Then it really got good when I found the discounts and savings.  By using AMEX offers, AARP gift cards, and excursion price protection, my 7 night Carnival cruise that started at $2965 for three people (cruise w/balcony, tips, FTTF and one Belize Mayan ruins excursion w/Carnival) has reduced down to $2379.  $586 in savings!  Music to my ears.  🎶  And the knowledge I've gained has serious value too.

I'm still hopeful that the price on my cruise will go down and I can submit a request for that, but since it seems all rooms in my category are sold out, it's not looking good.

Anyway, thanks again to all and happy cruising.  Even though my cruise is paid, I've still got 59 days to go.  *tick tock tick tock*

• Like 2