Legend Review (12/31/05-01/07/06) XXL

jkrislc

Yes, you can bring your own drinks. We packed in waterbottles so Vodka and Rum. Also took bottles of juice. No problem, Just pack it in luggage and wrap good so it does not spill or break. We spent plenty at the bars, but sometimes it is nice to have a drink in your room while you are getting ready for dinner! :)

Where does one get zip ties? Are they plastic? If so (and sorry for sounding dumb), how does one get them off? Thanks!PattyGoing on LOS 2/11-2/18

Hey Patty,

We'll be on the same ship. Can you believe it is only 22 days away? To answer your question, you can buy the plastic zip ties at any hardware store, Wal-Mart, Meijer, etc. The only way to get them off is by cutting them off.

Where does one get zip ties? Are they plastic? If so (and sorry for sounding dumb), how does one get them off?

They're are plastic ties, sometimes called cable ties, that can be found at Home Depot, Walmart, etc. They're often used for bundling wires or cables together, but they work wonderfully as a substitute for locks. They can only be removed by cutting them off, so you know immediately if someone has tampered with your bag. Plus, the TSA can cut them off if they need to inspect your bag, but then you know to check before leaving the airport if everything is there.

The can be cut using nail clippers. However, I usually pack a small pair of scissors in the outside pocket of one of my checked bags. Then, I just cut them off when we arrive. Some have suggested putting extras inside your luggage so that they can be replaced by the TSA if they're cut off. However, the TSA usually uses their own black zip ties if they open your luggage. My suggestion, though, is to pack the extras in your carry-on. If they're in your checked luggage, someone could potentially steal something and replace the zip tie without you ever knowing.

I opt for the florescent zip tie colors as their less usually than the white/clear or black. A pack of zip ties will run you around $3-$4, but you'll get 100 or more that will last for several trips. I usually only have to buy them every 5 years or so, if that.

Archived