cozumel: salsa excursion using a rollator/walker

zebes

I will be on Brilliance of the Seas, and we have scheduled a salsa excursion. I have the option of using my rollator, which provides a seat which is necessary when there are long periods of standing, or my cane (where I gut it out). Has anyone done this excursion that might know if I can put my rollator/walker onto the bus that's transporting us? My husband said if there are a few steps at the excursion site, he could carry it up those steps so I would have it on the flatter areas, but I don't know if that is feasible or not. 

Thanks!

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, zebes said:

I will be on Brilliance of the Seas, and we have scheduled a salsa excursion. I have the option of using my rollator, which provides a seat which is necessary when there are long periods of standing, or my cane (where I gut it out). Has anyone done this excursion that might know if I can put my rollator/walker onto the bus that's transporting us? My husband said if there are a few steps at the excursion site, he could carry it up those steps so I would have it on the flatter areas, but I don't know if that is feasible or not. 

Thanks!

I wouldn't go on any excursion unless I have a preauthorization to bring something.  I believe in Cozumel, they usually use small mini busses, which does not have the normal luggage areas.  It might fit behind the last seat.  So most likely it is ok.  However it is always a risk to bring it.  Normally on tours, you first check with the clauses on the tour.  Next, take the least amount you can handle without.  The other options are always to arrange things on your own, which we normally do, and have a discussion with the tour to verify what we can bring.