Modifying Booking to Change Pax Before Final Payment

JennAngel9

I am hoping a more sophisticated Celebrity cruiser can answer this question for me-- we typically travel as a party ranging in size from 4-7, most commonly 5.  So far as I know, there are no rooms or suites on X ships that will accommodate more than 4 pax (please let me know if I'm wrong!)-- so I think we will ultimately end up traveling 3 and 2...but there is a chance we will only be 4.  Does anybody have experience booking during a good sale/promotion and then later adding/dropping/changing passengers on the reservation? I know you used to be able to change names easily.

My instincts are:

1) We can switch passengers between rooms later if necessary, before final booking?

2) Dropping a 3rd/4th passenger from a room reservation before final booking shouldn't mess anything up, but

3) ADDING a 3rd passenger after a sale has ended could result in a much higher price?

4) If I want to book a cabin with one passenger I can hold it that way but will likely end up paying 2x fare if I don't drop the cabin before final payment?

Does anybody have insight into this issue? Have you ever tried to add a 3rd passenger after fares have gone way up?

Thanks!

You should be able to switch passengers between bookings before final payment.

Dropping a 3rd or 4th passenger not a problem before final payment.

Adding a 3rd passenger at a later date will depend on the # of passengers already booked.  Even though a room can accommodate 3 if the ship is at life boat capacity they will not put a 3rd person in the cabin.  Booking would be at the prevailing rate.

Yes, if you book with only one passenger and do not add a 2nd passenger then you will pay the single passenger supplemental fee, which is typically the same price as 2 passengers.

Agree with ChezMaryLou comments.  We actually added a 3rd passenger to a cabin 2 days prior to sailing -- now that was cutting it close!  We also deleted one passenger and added another in her place about 2 weeks before sailing.  

Once on the ship, Celebrity doesn't care where you sleep, but the seapass cards can be a problem, especially if you have a drink package or other amenity.  Some in our party wound up with two cards -- one for use of their package and one for cabin entry.  

There are a few family cabins that sleep 5 on each ship.  You cannot book them online, you’ll have to call.  The second rom is bunk beds and small.  There is often a sofa to pull out for a 5th bed.  There is still only one bathroom, though.  

I would book book the max likely since it is easier to drop by a person than to increase.  We always book with a holding name if booking for our single son.  It is easy to change one name in the room, you cannnot change both.   You can drop a 3rd passenger in a room with no issue before final payment, but that may re-rate the room.  It might be cheaper for the 3rd to no-show.

We have changed sleeping rooms between family members once on board by going to guest services.   

I would also check the price of a Royal Suite since it has a bath and a half.