RC Anthem Adventure ocean- are reservations needed?

warnocklife21

Do you need to make a reservation to use adventure ocean? I assume there is a maximum capacity for the number of kids per age group. I have twin potty trained 3 year olds. Do they still give you a phone to get in touch with you in case something happens? What can I expect of the program at this age? Are there any fees for using it? Just hoping to use it a few times during our trip so hubby and I can get a massage and maybe have one nice relaxing dinner. 🙂 Any tips are appreciated. 

I don't believe you can make reservations ahead of time except for the nurseries, which are paid care for children under the age of 3.  There have been very rare reports on this forum of kids clubs reaching maximum capacity, but even in those cases they did not take reservations and instead parents had to line up prior to the kids club reopening and wait in line to secure a place for their child.  

There are only fees for the kids club after 10 pm.  

Please note that I cannot find the current hours on their website, but in the past the kids clubs were closed from 12-2 and 5-7 on sea days.  If your 3 year olds are napping, this could be a problem since my son would nap from 2-4 and then wake up and be mad that he didn't get to spend much time at the kids club in the afternoons.  But you might want to call RC to confirm their hours, since I can't find them on their website.  My kids haven't sailed RC yet, but at 3 they loved the kids clubs on Princess, HAL and NCL so I'm sure your twins will love it too!

Please note that you might be interested in:

My Family Time Dining is offered for the first seating time in our main dining room, for children ages three to 11. Kids enjoy their meal within 40 minutes of seating, before heading to the evening's Adventure Ocean activities. The program starts the second evening you're onboard. After that, you can use it each evening or whenever you wish.

If you are touring cities, I'd recommend private tours for just your family so you can control the itinerary.  On your first day, go to the buffet and get boxes of cereal, yogurt and fruit so you'll always have a snack on hand in the room if your kids get hungry.  You can take sealed cartons of cereal off the ship, and they stave off meltdowns when the kids are hungry or bored (mine would get distracted by getting to choose cereal and it solved a lot of problems).  Have a great trip!

Edited by kitkat343

You  cant make advanced reservations for the kids club, but we have never had an issue with being turned away because they are too full.

At 3, they will more than likely give you either a phone or a beeper(I cant remember what we got on anthem I think it was a phone) and you can always ask for one as well. For my youngest daughter we seemed to be given a phone at the beginning of the week and then towards the end were asked if we wanted it when it became clear she was fully potty trained.

As previously mentioned, the only fees charged are if your child stays past 10pm. It was $7 per hour(per kid) last time we were on board.

Sea day hours are 9am-12 pm, 2m-5pm and and then 7pm-10pm. They are open from 10pm-2am for that extra charge. While you are in port they will remain open the whole time you are in port.

If you have any other questions just ask!

• 2 weeks later...