Leaving on Jewel 02/05...best time to show up

prfctmrtini

Hi prfct,

We always go early (maybe around 11 am) and will go to Latitudes check-in (for repeaters). That's because we like to get on early and head for a nice sit-down lunch in the main DR. There will also be buffets (probably outdoors and indoors) open as well.

Some people swear by a late pier arrival, after all the crowds have gotten on. Since we're coming in the night before, like you, we have nothing better to do the next morning than get ready for the pier.;)

Congratulations on your first post. Now, if you'd like to come over to our "roll call" (we have an active Super Bowl group for Feb. 5th and are planning a Cruise Critic get together the morning of Feb. 6th), try this link or visit us on the "roll call board" (separate from this one).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=209173

Look forward to meeting you. I've never been to them, but some people have really bragged about the martini clinics onboard.:)

I too would like to welcome you over to our roll call! We are looking forward to sailing in 19 more days!

Barb, did not know about the Super Bowl get together......hummmmmm, sure hope our Carolina Panthers will be playing!

Diane

We arrived at the port around 12:15, dropped off our luggage, parked, went through the Latitudes line, through security, got our picture taken and right on to the ship, put our carry on stuff away, made a few phone calls, and was sitting down to a wonderful lunch in Tsars by 1:30. We figure the early people had gotten through the line and the later people weren't there yet. Now the non latitudes line was much longer at that time than the latitudes line, so not sure how long it took them to get on board.

Thanks folks,

Although my wife and i have cruised before this will be the first for my best friend and his girlfriend. I don't want his first impression to be ruined by seeing 1000+ people standing in line.

Again,thanks for your advice and warm welcome to the message boards.

Hi prfct,

It wouldn't be unusual to see upwards of a thousand in a cruise terminal. Embarkation is usually noone's favorite part of a cruise and even the Lat. line will be full. Just tell yr friend it's part of the experience.:D

Anyway, there's usually the long wait until you pass security, and then there should be lots of reps helping us.

Whippets,

There's no official Super Bowl get together - sorry for the confusion. Just was looking for some "handle" to id the Feb. 5th cruisers for prfct. Hopefully they'll be over to say hello on our roll call.

See you at the Star Bar Feb. 6th at 10:30 am and dinner on Thurs. night at Mama's.

Archived