2nd time in Tortola

cookie38

We will be in Tortola in 2 weeks.  Our first trip there 3 years ago, we did the Baths Excursion, (loved it) but would like to do something else.

I have read most of the posts about the different beaches, but concerned with timing. We are only there from 7- 3 pm.  If we are off ship by 8, does that give us enough time to get to beach and should I be worried about getting back by 2? Taxis Plentiful? Also, how scary is this drive???  

I guess we are narrowed down to Cane Garden and Brewers, I believe because they look to be closest? We just want beach day, do not need to snorkel. 

Yes, a little snack or lunch would be nice...

Is there any shopping at port?  Last time we immediately boarded excursion, so have not seen anything else!

THANKS! 

Yes even with an early arrival and shorter time in port you can still enjoy a nice beach with no worries, taxis stop at both Brewers and CGB to return day visitors to the pier. And you will find taxis ready to transport you whenever you are ready to head out. The ride to these beaches is over the steeper part of the island.

Brewers would be a very nice beach to enjoy, but Nicole's kitchen was still not open yet last I knew so drinks but no food. CGB has several options to grab a lounge/umbrella and something to eat, Myett's being our favorite. But a very busy beach, Brewers is so much more laid back!

In another thread I mentioned a great deli to grab a delicious baguette sub to take to the beach, it is a little out of the way (2km) but shouldn't cost much to go there first if you want that. They open at 8AM everyday except they are closed Sunday.

http://frenchdelibvi.com/

If you want another beach option with a flatter drive check the recent threads on Long Bay (West End), and also Long Bay (Beef Island) which is not offering amenities for day visitors.

There are some shops near the port, check out Pusser's Road Town Pub for their clothing line store.

Edited by blue_water