What is a must to see

Fluffy Terry

We were in Bonaire for our second visit last month.  The first visit we did the best snorkeling we've ever experienced with Woodwind.  This trip we wanted to do something different and rented the golf cart.  It was a blast.  When I requested more information from Bonaire Cruisers I received a very quick response that included this information:

"If you download the app maps.me you can download Bonaire  map and you have a great gps which works without internet. 

Here is a link with the map we use!

http://www.skyviews.com/bonaire-map/BON_MapSide_2017.jpg"

When we confirmed our reservation they sent videos of both the north and south routes that are also on You Tube. 

The ladies at the check-in desk will provide you with a fold out map and go over it with you making recommendations.  We had already researched the donkey sanctuary ( https://donkeysanctuary.org/en/ ) and it was a big hit which we highly recommend.

You should have plenty of time to do both routes with plenty of stops if your ship is in port for the entire day.  We were only in port from noon to 7 pm (with a cart rental from 12:30 to 6 pm).  We had plenty of time to do both routes.  We didn't stop to snorkel or eat but we did visit the donkey sanctuary, visited the 1000 steps and the Flamingo marsh on the north route, plus the lighthouse, the slave quarters and the salt flats on the south route for photo stops.   The drive itself is very interesting.