What to do with 5 ships in port and only there until 2pm

jaowel

On 3/30/2019 at 12:14 PM, soonernstlouis said:

I’ve held a similar view about cruising-I only book cruises that go (in general) where I want to go, spend at least 8 hours in port and I will at least research items like Crown Bay vs Havensight port (which also can limit your options) and # of ships in port.

Better to know the basics in advance than complain after the fact.

We were invited to go with my niece on her senior trip so the cruise was already selected for the group. I always do my research and try to select ports that have a good amount of time to explore. I also check to see how many ships are in port before we book a cruise. I wanted to get the most of our time in port, hence the original post asking for suggestions. 

We ended up shopping and taking the tram to Paradise Point for a Bushwacker. It was lovely! 

1 hour ago, jaowel said:

We were invited to go with my niece on her senior trip so the cruise was already selected for the group. I always do my research and try to select ports that have a good amount of time to explore. I also check to see how many ships are in port before we book a cruise. I wanted to get the most of our time in port, hence the original post asking for suggestions. 

We ended up shopping and taking the tram to Paradise Point for a Bushwacker. It was lovely! 

Glad you had a great time.  Also was not trying to be judgmental about those who are stuck with limited port stops (especially when the trip was tied to family).  Just saying my first step after I want to go here....

Edited by soonernstlouis