Patouche - Tortola Tours

megreedy

We booked with Patouche Tours for an excursion in Tortola in February .  Can anyone share their experience with PaTouche Tours and what to expect in Tortola?  We were told: 0845 pickup, snorkel at Cooper Island in the Morning then lunch at Cooper island beach club (not incl) then the Baths in the afternoon before we head back no later than 4 pm.  I had posted this in the Ports of Call forum  - but haven't seen much traffic there....

Edited by megreedy

We booked Patouche a few years ago. We chartered his large catamaran.  I’m not sure what vessels he currently has after the hurricane. You will not be disappointed regardless. Without exception this will be the hilight of your trip. 

He can be a a little rough around the edges. (I actually like that). He’s former Navy. And, he runs his boats in that manner. He manages the details and that leaves you to relax and enjoy. 

Cooper Island is heaven on earth!  The resort is amazing. And the snorkeling these was incredible!  Wait until you see the turtles!  Bring an underwater camera. We loved lunch at the resort and the beach there is unbelievable!  There is a little gift shop.  And the painkillers are not to be missed. 

For your stop stop at the baths... you will obviously be approaching from the water. So you will have to swim to shore. Joe will give you preservers and floats. And, honestly it seems Father than it is. We had some in our group that are not great swimmers.  Everyone did great though. So, don’t be intimidated. 

The baths themselves are truly beautiful.  You’ll need the camera to capture the memories. 

I would highly recommend the full face snorkel snorkel masks for this trip. So much nicer than the tube in your mouth. 

Enjoyyour day!  I wish we were stopping in Tortola this year. I would book patouche in a New York minute. 

We also booked Patouche a few years back and I agree 100% with the prior post.  Wonderful experience, but he is a little rough around the edges.    He first took us to the Baths, then to Cooper Island for lunch.  All agreed it was the high light of our trip.   I would definitely also book with him again.

Have a great time!

We have used Patouche twice now; mostly recently last week. (We had a great trip on the Disney Wonder). Which ever guides and boat you get from them, you will have an amazing experience. I would totally second the opinions others have expressed.

Agreed, it will be the highlight of your trip.

For our trip two weeks ago, We chartered his power Catamaran for the day.  There were 10 of us.   During our 2016 trip, we booked as a single family, and there were 2 other families on this same power Catamaran; if memory serves, there were 14 of us.

Cost for charter was $1500, with a crew of two.  Plus, cost off lunch on Cooper Island is additional. 

Edited by Bogeybob12