Nieuw Statendam Inside Cabins

the2ofus

We have had inside rooms on NS the last two cruises; one configuration had the hall doorway located between desk and tv wall. Actually felt slightly roomier than normal configuration of hallway door located between closets and bathroom door. We spent so little time in the cabin; we ‘tag-team’ when getting ready for the day, so we aren’t bumping elbows. Works out fine...I’d rather have an inside room and cruise more than book a larger room and cruise less. Of course, I do get excited when the upgrade offer emails arrive, but we’ve only taken advantage of one so far! We study the deck plans to find best location of our Inside rooms, even for last minute cruises. I use the HAL website, cruise critic and cruisedeckplans.com for my research.

2 hours ago, Maggie North said:

one configuration had the hall doorway located between desk and tv wall. Actually felt slightly roomier than normal configuration of hallway door located between closets and bathroom door.

My experience is the same. A room with a shape that is slightly more square feels more spacious than the long and narrow floorplan. I think it is related to how far away the walls are from your eyes when you move about.

• 2 months later...
On 1/31/2019 at 12:42 PM, Cruise4food said:

Check out my pics of Inside room K11058 on the Facts about HAL site. An interior room with a window. 

Where is the TV placed in this room? Thanks:)

43 minutes ago, tpbs said:

Where is the TV placed in this room? Thanks:)

Looked for a pic but never shot one of that wall. The TV is wall-mounted just to the right of the window. While sitting at the desk the TV is at your left shoulder.

41 minutes ago, Cruise4food said:

Looked for a pic but never shot one of that wall. The TV is wall-mounted just to the right of the window. While sitting at the desk the TV is at your left shoulder.

Thank you for the reply, we are on the Nieuw Statendam this August in room 11057. Enjoyed looking at your pictures.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tpbs said:

Thank you for the reply, we are on the Nieuw Statendam this August in room 11057. Enjoyed looking at your pictures.

Try not to memorize them too much. Your room 11057 is a mirror image and you may bump into things when you first board. 🤗 😭