Athens to Istanbul 4-13-06 Ship Excursions or do Your Own

Ferne

I am working on our Athens to Istanbul Cruise 4-13-06 and would like opinions about whether to take the ship's excursions or to book our own private tours in the ports. We are especially intersted in tours for Kusadasi and Katakolon. We could use some advice on Corfu, Delos and Santorini.

Thanks.

ferne

We're doing Rome to Istanbul on June 8th, and have some of the same ports. For Kusadasi we have Nejat Incedogan booked for Ephesus. Delos, from what I gather, is just getting off and you are right at the archaelogical site. Santorini we are just going to go to Oia and the winery on our own and maybe Akrotiri, Santorini is very easy to do on your own.

you will need a driver (tour with ship, easiest.. or a car/rent one in Santorini or Fira) to get to Akrotiri.. but by ALL means get there ( but do make sure that the site is open) when you go..you can check out all the info and site closings and openings etc..here::)

their website:

http://www.culture.gr/2/21/211/21121a/e211ua08.html

• 3 months later...
We're doing Rome to Istanbul on June 8th, and have some of the same ports. For Kusadasi we have Nejat Incedogan booked for Ephesus. Delos, from what I gather, is just getting off and you are right at the archaelogical site. Santorini we are just going to go to Oia and the winery on our own and maybe Akrotiri, Santorini is very easy to do on your own.

We too are doing Santorini on our own and would love to do wine tasting.

Any suggestions of wineries?

Archived