Trio package frustration....

citizenfrank

Just a quick one....

Had meant to secure the trio dining package on the Seaview last week, but alas work issues took over!

Just found out there is zero availability now on my sailing for pre-booking, but it will likely be available to secure onboard.

Pre-booked it's £71pp ...Can anyone advise the cost if booked aboard?

Thanks in advance 

I wonder if the 15% service charge is added if you book it onboard?  Hopefully someone can answer or that you'll be able to get a good deal, Frank.  Certainly, you'll be bombarded at embarkation as soon as you show an interest in purchasing a package.

Come back and let us know what your experience was - I'd be interested to know.  I don't want to commit to a dining package for our Oct cruise, yet, so I'd like to know what the story is if I leave it 'til onboard.

Edited by Beamafar

We pre-bought the Trio on the Seaview in November and it included the service charge.

We enjoyed it so much we wanted to book the trio again while on the ship(as we were on an 18 day cruise) but it was 20 euros more person and they also charge the 15% on top of it so we didn't do it.

I will say that Butcher's Cut and the Pan Asian were great, Ocean Cay (Seafood) was a disappointment.  Ocean Cay was the most expensive of three (even in the package) and was the least value.

When you book the trio you get a fixed set of options for appetizer, dinner and dessert.  

• Thanks 1

It doesn't sound like good value when booking onboard, so.  After all, the fixed menu is/was only €39 (plus 15%) in Butcher's Cut, so there doesn't seem to be much of a saving - if any!  You also wouldn't have to eat at each of the 3 restaurants, either, if you forego the package and just opt for the fixed menu in the restaurant(s) of your choice.

I will say that €39 pp for the fixed menu in Butcher's Cut is well worth the price as the food was absolutely delicious on 2 different occasions on 2 different ships (Meraviglia & Splendida);  we'd be willing to pay it were it not for the fact that we get a complimentary meal for 2 as Black Card members!

I would 100% agree. 

When we bought in advance it was $50 U.S. dollars per person (which would be roughly 43 euros) for the trio.  We though that was incredible value for 3 different meals and included the 15% service charge.

We felt the price on board was not worth the value as Beamafar  has suggested.

Bucher's cut was by far the BEST meal hands down we had.  We ate there 3 times and each and ever time it was incredible.

I've just bit the bullet and booked the Tryptic package;  It's now $77 (around €69) but still works out at fantastic value.  For us, the restaurants will be BC, Eataly Ristorante and Kaito Sushi bar.  I'm hoping that we can swap out the sushi one for BC;  never been to ER and haven't read good things about it, but are willing to try it out for ourselves.  Besides, we could end up doing BC at least 3 times, so would be happy to do something different.  After all, where else can you get a 3-course evening meal for €23 pp?  You can't really expect Michelin-star quality for that price!

For us, we have up 'til 4 days before sailing to cancel as we don't pay in advance for pre-booking - it's added to our onboard account.  Just didn't want to end up in Frank's position if we left it too late to book.

Frank ... have you tried phoning MSC to see if they can do anything?

Bea

Edited by Beamafar

They are quoting £78 for trilogy on Bellissima for cruise later this year, withAtelier Bistrot, Kaito Sushi Bar and Butchers Cut Steakhouse. For 4 meals including the New Tapas one its £106 so seems more expensive on Bellissima or could be the new Bistro and Tapas one are more expensive than others.

20 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I've just bit the bullet and booked the Tryptic package;  It's now $77 (around €69) but still works out at fantastic value.  For us, the restaurants will be BC, Eataly Ristorante and Kaito Sushi bar.  I'm hoping that we can swap out the sushi one for BC;  never been to ER and haven't read good things about it, but are willing to try it out for ourselves.  Besides, we could end up doing BC at least 3 times, so would be happy to do something different.  After all, where else can you get a 3-course evening meal for €23 pp?  You can't really expect Michelin-star quality for that price!

For us, we have up 'til 4 days before sailing to cancel as we don't pay in advance for pre-booking - it's added to our onboard account.  Just didn't want to end up in Frank's position if we left it too late to book.

Frank ... have you tried phoning MSC to see if they can do anything?

Bea

Morning

Well done, that is a great plan and yes it will avoid my position.

I called them twice (so far!) and both times it was fully booked for advance bookings.

Obviously they prefer to retain a few covers to market aboard, for me I'd sell to a dedicated shopper!

Think I'll call again today though.

Just called UK and told the same.

To flush out any false information I said that was a shame but I will settle for the Roy Asian package over three sittings.

*Only £52!

But that has sold out too!!!!

My last resort is ....I've emailed a girl who personally sorted out my 'Frank has the old Deluxe package for this sailing' email that I intend to take next month and see if she comes up with anything.