Advise on drinks packages vs pay as you go

dx052

my husband and I always get cheers, especially now that the specialty coffee is included. Between his soda, bottles of water, and the drinks, it has worked out in our favor every cruise (the past 7 we have taken.) On vacation we like to have a bloody mary or two in the day time, a specialty coffee every morning, my husband drinks soda all day then I like nice wine at night while he drinks beer most of the time. You just have to run the numbers to see if it makes sense. For us, I also like having that bill paid and done when I embark so I know I'm not racking up a bill to pay after I get home.

• Like 1

When we sail Carnival we do not get the drink package.  I can’t justify paying $50pd/pp for drinks when I can have a perfectly enjoyable cruise with only a few drinks for the whole cruise.  On the other hand when we sail NCL we do get the promotional drink package where we just pay for the gratuities.  I do find we drink more on these cruises, got to get my money’s worth, but I could easily do without it.

• Like 1