Jewel of the Seas

partymom

Has anyone traveled on the Jewel of the Seas. We are looking to book for January 13, 2007 going for 8 days to some southern caribbean ports leaving from Fort Lauderdale.

I have only been on one Royal CAribbean ship (an older one) to Southern Caribbean.

How is the entertainment, other nightlife, ie disco (was it crowded), room size (inside room). For late seating, are shows before or after dinner, any late night comediennes, etc.

:)

Having been on the Jewel three times and booked for 9/11/06 transatlantic, it is a fabulous ship as are all Radiance-class ships. Excellent size, fantastic entertainment, well organized decor. Cabins are average size, with good storage. The atrium is beautiful and goes 8 decks up. Handles the waves extremely well. You won't go wrong.

Has anyone traveled on the Jewel of the Seas. We are looking to book for January 13, 2007 going for 8 days to some southern caribbean ports leaving from Fort Lauderdale.

I have only been on one Royal CAribbean ship (an older one) to Southern Caribbean.

How is the entertainment, other nightlife, ie disco (was it crowded), room size (inside room). For late seating, are shows before or after dinner, any late night comediennes, etc.

:)

We have also sailed three times on Jewel of the Seas and will be going on her again next October. We pretty much think that she and the other Radiance class ships are the ideal size and style of ship for us. Rooms should be larger than what you experienced on the older RCI ship.

We have generally enjoyed the entertainment onboard and the City of Dreams production show is, IMHO, spectacular and one of the best we have seen on any cruise ship. Whether or not the disco is crowded will depend on the makeup of the passengers on your particular cruise, but it is pretty roomy and can handle a large number of partiers.

Some of the shows will be scheduled before your late seating dinner, while others will take place around 10:45. If the show is before dinner, there are usually special activities or audience participation events scheduled for later in the evening.

I sailed on Jewel in October and also loved the ship. My only complaint is that the smoke on this ship really bothered me alot because of poor planning. You must walk thru the smoke filled Schooner Bar to get to Portofinos & Chops, as well as the Safari Lounge where Quest, Kareoke, and the Captains Reception is held. I don't understand why RCCL doesn't find another location for a smoking bar. Perhaps more of us should complain.

Jewel has a wonderful solarium with hot tub and indoor pool. The Windjammer Buffet is the best with your choice of meat, fish, or poultry cooked right in front of you and served hot. Then you have the choice of dining indoors with well designed areas separated from the walkway with lamp posts and railing. Outdoors is wonderful seating under the stars. In between the indoor and outdoor seating is an area with wicker furniture and coffee tables to relax while dining or having coffee. There is also a coffee station near the aft area for people wanting refills outdoors. The Seaview Cafe is directly above the Windjammer outdoor dining area. There is also great outdoor seating up there too.

My DH and I are booked on this cruise it's Eastern Caribbean not Southern, the ship looks beautiful I followed Radio last week with his live from the Jewel he sent some beautiful pictures. We can't wait to be on her next year.

Christine

Hi partymom -

We just got back from the Jewel (Jan 8-14) and had a great time. It was my first experience on a cruise, and I was very impressed with the ship and how open everything felt. The shows were good, and the food was great!

You will have a fantastic time!:)

My wife & I are also sailing on the 22nd.....can't wait. We have been on the Voyager & are looking forward to the Radiance class. Only wish we could afford a balcony room. We are divers & its a little tight drying your gear in the bathroom :)

Anyone know which night is formal ??? & can you see the menu ahead of time ??

We are divers & its a little tight drying your gear in the bathroom :)

Balcony doesn't always do a great job of drying suits, towels etc. Lots of moisture out there.....an occasional shower at sea etc.

Hope you will enjoy a balcony one of these days.

In the meantime.....

Have a wonderful trip.

Archived