Allure/RCL questions

busterfla

Going on the Allure on a family (6 peeps) cruise in May. Haven't been on RCL since 2003, so I have a few questions.

1. Are there online documentations to fill out? So far the web site says I have no check in docs yet. When do they pop up?

2. In the general info on the web site, it says that extension cords are prohibited. Does this include a 6 in 1 non-surge protected short cord? Should I put it in my checked luggage or my carry on?

3. Do we need to make advanced reservations for entertainment events (Momma Mia, Beatles, etc)?

4. Do we need to make advanced reservations for the main dining room (6 top)?

5. How diligent is RCL for looking for booze in checked luggage? Shhh, have it down pat on Princess 🙂

Thanks for any info

1) 90 days prior to sailing you can check in.

2) I'm like 99% sure these are prohibited.

3) Yes, you can do it via the Cruise Planner or the app once you get on board.

4) Yes if you have My Time Dining. If you signed up for a seating you do not.

5) Never had a problem using rum runners and if you do get caught they just remove them.

58 minutes ago, busterfla said:

Going on the Allure on a family (6 peeps) cruise in May. Haven't been on RCL since 2003, so I have a few questions.

1. Are there online documentations to fill out? So far the web site says I have no check in docs yet. When do they pop up?

2. In the general info on the web site, it says that extension cords are prohibited. Does this include a 6 in 1 non-surge protected short cord? Should I put it in my checked luggage or my carry on?

3. Do we need to make advanced reservations for entertainment events (Momma Mia, Beatles, etc)?

4. Do we need to make advanced reservations for the main dining room (6 top)?

5. How diligent is RCL for looking for booze in checked luggage? Shhh, have it down pat on Princess 🙂

Thanks for any info

As stated 90 days out after final payment. That's also will show and dinning reservations should be available.

My advice to you is do not try to bring one on. If detected it will be confiscated. It will be a hassle to get it back after debarkation. You go to one place at the terminal if detected in your carry on and another place if detected in checked luggage.(also you will have to go to the naughty room to get your luggage) A huge wast of time and inconvenience the first and last day of your cruise. It is  easier just to ask your stateroom attendant for any item you need. 

It is a must to make reservations for the comedy club the venue is small and only 100+ people can attend a show. If you want specific preferred seats in the theater than reservations are a must and even with those  you need to arrive about 30 minutes early.. Ten minutes before show time everyone is allowed in. Generally there are still seats somewhere available. One last tip the shows in the Aqua theater should be booked early in the week. Many of the shows are canceled due to weather. (wind & rain & semi-rough seas)

If you were doing early or late dining you would not need reservations. So I have to assume you are planning on doing MTD. Since you require a table for 6 I recommend you make reservations to reduce your wait time.for a table

I know from personal experience they a very diligent. But it is possible. The worst thing that happens is that you have to go to the naughty room to get your luggage and you will have your booze delivered to your room the last night of your cruise. Don't forget you can take 2 bottles of wine with you. Warning take your wine on board as a carry-on. Also don't put your booze in luggage that has large bottles of liquid.(ex2-liters of pop) One more tip if you are successful in getting the booze on board do not openly display it in your stateroom. I was sloppy  and overconfident leaving my bottle visible. I had security come to my door inquiring about my booze.and took it.