Suggestions for Cruise Gift Reveal

wildcats40

My father is going to surprise my mother with a cruise on the Pride of America (7 day Hawaii) for her 80th birthday.  I'm looking for suggestions on fun, inexpensive ways to reveal this gift.  It will be about 6 months before the cruise.  Possibly a gift basket of Hawaiian items.  Maybe a magnet for the stateroom door.  Ideas?

Thanks!

Elaine

I think a gift basket would be great.  Just a few ideas, put in some flip flops, a beach cover-up, sun screen (make sure it is reef save), Aloe Vera gel, water bottle, a book about cruising or hawaii, some plastic palm trees, some shells, a miniture cruise ship, those decorative clips to hold your town down and the to tag could be an envelope with an airline ticket to Hawaii and luggage tags for the ship, both of which you could make on the computer.

If you want to be funny/clever, you could make it a puzzle to figure out. Like wrap up a package of King Hawaiian Rolls and go to a Chevy dealer and pick up a brochure for a Chevy Cruze and wrap that with it. LOL. We did something similar with our kids and it took them a minute to figure it out. They were so confused!  But also, the basket of Hawaiian things would probably be more appreciated.

• Like 1