Eurodam or C. Soltice for disabled guest & open space?

dcsam

We're long-time HAL cruisers.  We prefer their smaller ships, but we're just now considering the Eurodam or Celebrity Solstice Alaska cruise.  Both are RT out of Seattle (makes it very convenient for us to drive to the port).  What ship would you recommend for someone who will be utilizing a wheelchair or lightweight Travelscoot.  In my brief research, I get the feeling the Solstice is more enclosed (not as much outdoor space).  Is this correct?  

There are dozens of wheelchairs and even more scooter currently on the Eurodam. Many more using rolling walkers. I would recommend asking for an accessible room so that it will fit in the room better. Plus the bathroom will be more suitably equipped. We have a couple rooms near us that park their scooters outside in the hallway and I don't think that should be allowed. Makes it very difficult for others with mobility devices and the stewards with carts to get past! Luckily, they're smaller scooters and parked such that passing is possible, but it's still a hazard.