Handicap Access to Horseshoe Beach

NurseMommyTGJ

Greetings,

I've done some searching but haven't been able to find an answer to my question; if anyone could help me out with either an answer or the link to the answer I would be very grateful!

I've been to Bermuda twice, and both times I have enjoyed visiting Horseshoe Bay Beach.  We normally get a public bus pass as we like to travel around the island and get dropped off at the bus stop nearest the beach.  The first time I went back in 2016 there was a gentleman who used his personal minivan to drive people right from the road all the way down the hill to the entrance to the beach (and back up again later).  He charged a nominal fee that was well worth it for us to save my father from walking so far.  

We went again last Spring (WE LOVE BERMUDA!) and did not see this driver.  So, our group made the trek down the wooden walkway to the beach and then back up again when we left for the day.  I must admit it was a bit tiring and hard for those in our party who were older.

This coming April we are headed to Bermuda again, and this time we are bringing a family member with us who will definitely have difficulty walking both to and from the beach from the road.  While she is not in a wheelchair, the distance might be a bit much.  I would really love for her to see the beach and would hate to have her miss it just because of her limited mobility.  Renting a Twizzy or Moped is out of the question for her; any suggestions or ideas to send our way? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by NurseMommyTGJ

The $7 minibus shuttles that run back and forth from the Dockyard and taxis drop off at the entrance to the beach.

The entrepreneur who shuttled people between the bus stop and the entrance was well known for years. An institution. He charged $1 and later $2. “To the Top” . That was before the minibus shuttles. After they became popular he was not there the days I went there. Once I saw his van doing the $7 shuttles trips. Some have reported since then that he was running the To the Top the day they were there. Those sightings seemed to be later in the summer. There is probably no way to know if he will be doing it this year as the cruise season has not begun. Also since April is not beach season if he did run his shuttle to the bus stop this year it might be less likely he would run it in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk