Lamanai tour at Pier?

indycdca

I would like to do this tour but don't want to commit to booking in advance (unsure if I will be up to it as I had recent surgery). Would I be able to purchase this tour w Island marketing on the pier? Or would there not be time because its a full day. If so, any suggestions of where to go once off ship?

Good question to put before Island Marketing.  As they act  as a middleman for smaller vendors, they wouldn't necessarily have people booking at the pier and I'm sure they need advance notice  so that the vendor can make preparations.

If undecided, you might take a chance on booking your cruise ship's excursion once on board. just head to the shore excursion desk when you board and if slots are available either sign up or asked to be notified the day before you arrive in Belize.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this tour through the ship a couple of years ago and it is very much worth the trip.  That said, I would not feel comfortable going that far on a river without the return guarantee inherent in a ship tour. Since you may not feel comfortable booking ahead you may consider booking onboard or even contacting the cruise line about their cancellation policy if you were to been with them in advance.