Best Snorkel Beach ?

kas37

My family will be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks and we are only in port from 12:30 to 7:00 and with the time to tender will probably only have 4-5 hours in port.(Im thinking there are 4 ships in port that day) We have serveral who want to snorkel and im afriad with our limited time we wont be able to go out on a snorkeling tour, (would love to do the one at PB but wont make it by 1:00) unless its a ship sponsered one and I wanted to stay away from that if possible .

Can anyone recommed a beach were the snorkeling is good right off of it?

Ive read some on Dzul-Ha but didnt know how that was since Wilma or how far it is from the ship?

any recommendations appreciated!!!!

Thanks bruce-r, Paradise beach sound great but im concerned with 6 ships in port that day and we arrive late (12:30) that if we go to PB they will be no chairs (need at least a couple) and will they will be to packed....anyone know if that would be the case? Is so, any other suggestions to flop on the beach and shore snorkel?

Dzul-Ha is less than a 10 minute taxi ride south of the cruise terminal. The snorkeling here is good (but not fantastic). You'll find quite a few coral formations close to the beach and a lot of fish here as several snorkel tours bring thier boats here and feed the fish. There is not a great beach here, but you can use the tables of the bar as long as you are a customer.

Paradise is a very nice sandy beach with excellent facilities and water toys. But there is not good snorkeling here (no coral- just a sandy bottom).

If snorkeling is what you want to do- I'd recomment Dzul-Ha.

Archived