Linarch2284

linarch2284

We have just booked a  7 day cruise called the Radiant Rhine on the ship Crucevita, which we haven’t heard of before , or the cruise company,

which is Spanish in origin and is called Crucemundo.   Has anyone heard of them or cruised on one of their vessels?    We are going to be in Europe anyway and thought this would be more relaxing way to see a bit more of the country.     We did book through a reputable travel agency, but I do have a niggling concern...just to give myself something to worry about!

Hello linarch2284,

That is certainly unusual. I cannot help much but can assure you that the line appears to be reputable. The name Crucemundo has repeatedly come up in my yearly roaming around the online info of the ITB in Berlin. The company exhibits there. Look on the ITB website in the exhibitors list. Perhaps the info in that portfolio is helpful.

I found the itinerary on their website called Leyendas del Rin, it is seven nights and from Amsterdam to Mainz or vice versa. The only one on the Crucevita that matches your info. Is this your itinerary? How did you "stumble upon" this company?

By the way, I have not seen a ship of theirs live on the Rhine (where I live) but in the case of the Crucebelle that is not surprising as she has only just been revamped and renamed. She is the former Maribelle and used to sail in France!

Hope this helps.

notamermaid

According to a Dutch website, the Crucevita is the former Erasmus. Her refurbishment has been completed and she is also new to the fleet of Crucemundo. Photos of the refurbished vessel are available online.

notamermaid

Thank you both for your replies...yes I have looked at the website and the ship looks very nice after refurbishment!    I just hadn’t heard the name of the company before and  wondered if anyone had ever cruised with them...regardless, I’m looking forward to river cruising as it’s been on the bucket list for a few years!

To notamermaid - yes, Mainz to Amsterdam is our intinerary.   We had an e-mail from a travel company regarding this trip and then booked through our own travel agent.    We are in Canada, so maybe the company is trying to expand into the North American market, even our agent hadn’t heard of them.

Thanks for the information.